is/are your course(s) giving you any COVID-19 updates?

I just heard from ours with an email telling everyone to get their butts out there to play today, because we're going to get a week of seriously frozen weather starting tomorrow. Love where their heads are at! Now where are my mud weather golf shoes....

edit: and then they announce our first local case about 10 minutes later. :/ Going to stop by the job for an hour and then try to spend the rest of the day at the course, because I'd bet it's the last chance for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Not any of the courses I frequent. I just call before I go to one.

I am pretty much in practice mode only anyways right now due to the poor weather. They don't need to be open to use some of the short game areas.

Course just sent an email that they are going to be setting the cup above the hole, and any putt that hits the cup and stays within a foot, to be counted as holed.
Prevents people from touching the flag or reaching into the hole. Should be interesting.

I got an email from one local course saying they were closing today until the 31st. Nothing from the other ones in the area yet.

Website for one of my locals has a special notice. They WILL be opening as scheduled on Friday- with a few changes. No shared carts, no more than 4 people in “Pro Shop” at a time to check in/pay, extra cleaning in shared areas, etc.. but an interesting twist is that they will shallow the cups by an inch or so to reduce contact area. Also suggest to leave pins in.

Our course does nothing. If you ever get an email from them, I would be shocked. They will close and the only way you can tell is when you pull up in the parking lot. As an example they are plugging greens and closed right now and I found out when I drove up yesterday. I just went out on the range instead, but an email would have been nice.

What part of VA? Sounds like my course haha.

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 Draw Miyazaki C.kua 50 reg shaft
Callaway Mavrik Max 5w Helium Black reg flex shaft
Ping G410 2,4, & 5 hybrid UST Recoil F3 shaft
Ping G410 6 hybrid Steelfiber reg shaft
Ping G710 Red dot 7-UW Steelfiber i80 reg shafts
Ping Glide 3.0 Red dot 54 & 60 wedges Steelfiber i95 reg shafts
Odyssey Works Versa 7H CS Putter

The courses in my local area are giving updates on what they are doing. Such as cashless transactions, no snack bar, no takes in bunkers and don’t touch the flags leave them in.

I just heard from ours with an email telling everyone to get their butts out there to play today, because we're going to get a week of seriously frozen weather starting tomorrow. Love where their heads are at! Now where are my mud weather golf shoes....

edit: and then they announce our first local case about 10 minutes later. :/ Going to stop by the job for an hour and then try to spend the rest of the day at the course, because I'd bet it's the last chance for a few weeks.

I think every course within the SF Bay Area is closed.

Home CC in Ohio is closed indefinitely, and I just officially cancelled my trip to Pinehurst this weekend. I HATE this stupid virus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The company that manages my course is doing some mitigation in order to stay open - clubhouse only open for the bathroom, and they’re asking people to not take out pins or anything. And in the biggest change, the cups are raised so people don’t reach in to take the ball out.

Going to be weird for a while!

I emailed my course. They replied that they are taking precautions closing the dinning room but remaining open for now.

Got an email tonight from the county -
Courses will remain open but only for walking and must pre-pay online through reservation system.
Greens fees reduced to the resident senior citizen card-member rate.
Buildings and restrooms close to public.
No water coolers, bunker rakes, ball washers.
Doesn't say anything about marshalls/starters but I imagine at least 1 will be there.

I've been receiving daily emails from most courses in the area. Typical stuff, course is open, extra sanitizing measures, food and drink for take out only.

Just about every course that has my email has sent me messages about if they are open and what precautions they are taking.

I get messages from several courses concerning the virus, the knuckleheads sending the message don’t identify what course they represent. If anyone knows who Gregg or Laura are let them know their wasting their time.

Home course is set to stay open until the city say otherwise.

We played the other day. The course was not crowded, so the three of us each took our own carts. The "friendly" course manager got us at the turn and said he'd let us have our own cart for the round, but in the future, if we wanted our own cart we'd have to pay a "field" charge of $20 each. We are all in our 70's, golf members at the course, and are entitled to golf, monday through friday, cart included.

That was the Corona Virus update from our course!

Our local 9 hole is open, bar/restaurant closed.

Another local 18 hole track is open as well. Walking encouraged, leave the flag in the hole, bar/restaurant closed.

Just received this in an email:

Course News

Due to increased health concerns and state/local recommendations, the golf course and clubhouse will be closing at the end of business today (Thursday, March 19th) until further notice. The driving range will be open on a limited basis beginning Monday, March 23rd. Range hours will be Monday - Friday (9am to 3pm - subject to change daily due to weather, etc). Range balls may only be purchased from the ball machine outside ($5/buscket - $1 bills only).

We got one more day than originally anticipated.

In the last week, the course has been packed when the weather had permitted it. Students who were back in town were all over it. I hit balls one day and did some putting and short game work before leaving because the green was getting a little too crowded for my comfort level.

Found out today when I was at the course that today was the last day open. Members can play as our fees are already paid, non members will have an honor system. No cart rentals, so you have to walk unless you own a cart and it is stored at the course. (we have access to the cart barns for owners carts) Superintendent will continue to be there daily to keep the course in good shape.

Overland Park has 2 courses....they just announced both are closed indefinitely....dammm

Miami public courses closed today but looks like private and resort courses staying open. Doral Blue Monster twilight down to $99!!

Overland Park has 2 courses....they just announced both are closed indefinitely....dammm
You will have to make a trip tp Wichita the next time we go.

I am getting them through email/FB/app. They have been communicating pretty well so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back