is/are your course(s) giving you any COVID-19 updates?

Course made some changes in light of COVID-19.

Cups going in upside down so reaching into hole is not needed.
Encouraging leaving the flags alone.
Range balls available in trays, not the usual caddy bags. No touch, basically.
No cash sales at the club. Charge or Card.
10 minute tee times now moving to 15 minute tee times.
Allowed to walk any time, no limitations. Singles can ride in cart if they want.

Course made some changes in light of COVID-19.

Cups going in upside down so reaching into hole is not needed.
Encouraging leaving the flags alone.
Range balls available in trays, not the usual caddy bags. No touch, basically.
No cash sales at the club. Charge or Card.
10 minute tee times now moving to 15 minute tee times.
Allowed to walk any time, no limitations. Singles can ride in cart if they want.
Looks like they're making some great changes so you can still play.

Unfortunately, Governor Wolf in PA has ordered all non-life-essential businesses to close or face penalties such as fines, lose of license and even jail time. Looks like I won't be playing in PA anytime soon, but fortunately some New Jersey courses are still open.

Looks like they're making some great changes so you can still play.

Unfortunately, Governor Wolf in PA has ordered all non-life-essential businesses to close or face penalties such as fines, lose of license and even jail time. Looks like I won't be playing in PA anytime soon, but fortunately some New Jersey courses are still open.
I consider golf to be life-essential.

I consider golf to be life-essential.
That's what I'm saying! It's a real bummer considering the weather is just starting to turn here

CA in statewide SIP...Golf Courses announcing that they ARE OPEN 😑

We're still open and Ken says they'll stay open unless and until the owners tell him differently. They did pull all the water coolers and close up the 2 restrooms on the course.

I stopped in to the clubhouse yesterday to pick a couple things up and they are working toward making the course as user friendly in this environment as possible. Check in from your phone, putting 2 inch pvc pipe in the cups so balls don't drop in (not sure why they don't just flip the cup over or lift it out a bit), and a few other things to do what they can to make it safe. They were open on Wednesday for play and it sounds like they had a lot of people come out and were surprised how many still came in to the clubhouse not making a big deal of it :banghead:.

Wanted to play today, but couldn't get a tee time. Went to the range instead. Course and range were packed. Practiced awhile on the chipping and putting area. Finally got a place on the range. soon we will be drawing numbers like in a deli. Worked with my new 3W. Had some decent hits off of it.

Memphis public courses closed. But friend saw people playing course. All walking.

All our courses are still open, including the county-owned muni - all taking extra steps for cleanliness and recommending the usual common sense precautions.

Updates have all been about the precautions they are taking and that they remain open. Hoping to play later today but they might be crowded given they ran a little clip on the local news last night showing they were using pieces of pool noodle at the base of the sticks.
A Branson course did update to say that our 2 day scramble is cancelled next weekend but update didn't say anything about how or when we'd be reimbursed.

My home course just sent out an email yesterday evening that it is closing after this weekend. I am truly bummed, thinking golf was one of the things available to ride out the storm.

I was reading through my local course's update...and they don't seem to be fully complying with their own measures.

Starting today, club shop and indoor facilities closed (other than restroom). Carts will no longer be offered. Dining is only curbside to go.

Some of them are giving updates, not all. One course shut down until at least the beginning of April.

Just heard Pebble Beach is closing down later today. The first time they’ve closed since the course opened in 1919. Glad I got my round in at the beginning of the month!

There is finally an update on my course’s website. Closed for the foreseeable future.

I just got an email from a course I don't play as often that they're open and running. Not honestly sure how they had me on an email list. Regardless, I might run out there and play 9 quick after we're done at the dealership. So way to go, BoredClubhouseGuyEmailingEveryone!

home course now doing the social distancing thing...1 person in the shop, 6ft from the counter, etc...1 to a cart...couple of courses have closed.

I just received an email from LA Public course. All courses and drive range is closed until further notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the call today that all Founders Group International (China) 22 courses except 3 are shut down for two weeks starting tomorrow, including my course(n) The Pro called to let me know that River Club will honor my membership dues there and thank god it's just a couple miles away, the other 2 are way north and hour + up in Myrtle Beach. He also told I'd be OK to continue to walk my course because I live on it and been a member a # of years, he told me that, he told Matt the greens keeper to keep an eye out for me.

I think it's the warning shot over the Bow? We'll see but as the corona case's continue to climb more and more shutdowns are coming...

I get emails every couple of days from my club just updating me on current situation etc. Course still open, and the pro shop still open but obviously the clubhouse and bar has been shut a while now. Measures in place like having to play with the pins in, asking people to give gimmies rather than put short putts in, no shaking hands after rounds etc. The guys in the pro shop are standing by the drinks cupboard and wiping down the handles and everything after every time someone uses it. Really strange to see, but it's quickly becoming the new norm I suppose.

Update came out via email last night.

Cut noodles in the cup so the ball doesn't drop too far down.
Leave pins in place
Ball washers removed
no water on course
only one person per cart, must remove own trash from cart
Club house locker room and bathroom off limits (there's one on the course which will be cleaned 2x/day)
bunker rakes removed, use your foot.

updates? like daily? no. So far I have gotten a couple of emails from my club and the precautions they are taking...no clubhouse, no cash, honor system to take a cart, sprays and cleaners to clean the carts, raised cups (makes it f'ing difficult to par when I have to chip into those, just saying), flag sticks in, no bunker rakes. Many of the public courses have closed temporarily. At least one private club has closed for good!

Back