is/are your course(s) giving you any COVID-19 updates?

I've been getting emails from numerous courses in the Sacramento, CA area (I'm on a lot of email lists), a lot of them have closed due to the SIP order, but here are a couple of examples that I wish others would consider:

From Apple Mountain Golf Resort

We have a very limited staff & have to stay six feet apart, until further notice (We cannot share workstations & many of our workers are in a vulnerable age group).

Our strategy is as follows:
  • Tee times only, no shotguns for the foreseeable future
    • Our staff will continue to use gloves to limit exposure
    • No cash payments will be accepted and golfers are encouraged to pay over the phone.
    • Walking or single-rider cart system will be used
    • Carts will be available until 1pm.. so they can be returned by 5pm (Please, Please, Please abide by this so we can keep carts clean with minimal staff)
    • Require staff to be at least 6 feet apart from each other and customers
    • We will be sanitizing golf carts regularly
    • Adding caps to the cups so the ball will not fall below the surface (do not touch the flag sticks)
    • Ball washers will not be used
    • Bunker rakes and sand bottles will be removed (do not play out of bunkers)
    • On the driving range, each station is at least 6 feet to provide proper social distancing
    • Please throw your own trash away at the end of the round, open receptacles will be provided
Several articles can be found online about the health benefits of being outdoors...especially during these times of stress and are semi confined to our homes! This is why we are doing our best to maintain these service levels until directives change either Nationally or Statewide.​

From Morton Golf (Sacramento City golf courses)

Effective immediately, the restaurants and retail services (including golf lessons) at each of the City of Sacramento golf courses - Haggin Oaks, Bing Maloney, Bartley Cavanaugh, and William Land - will remain closed until at least April 7, the golf courses themselves and the driving ranges will remain open under the rule that outdoor recreation, as long as it is done with a six-foot radius to others, is permissible. Sacramento County defines essential activities as the ability “to engage in outdoor activity, provided individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements.”
People need a healthy activity to enjoy during the long sessions staying in their homes. Walking the dog, hiking, bike riding, and playing golf are perfect activities to reduce stress in a safe way during the COVID-19 crisis with the proper precautions.
(they go on to cover some of the specific steps being taken, but pretty much the same as others)

CLOSED!:sick:

Branson Hills was just closed indefinitely. I believe it's the first to do so around here? Thus far the notices I've received from any of the other courses in and around Branson and Springfield is that they remain open with measures in place to mitigate spread.

Following the government announcement last night we got an email from our course to say they were closing in line with the guidance but would send a further email out in due course with more information

Just read Gov. Dewine's Office clarified Ohio courses may stay open "as long as they adhere to social distancing guidelines as well as hygiene, and sanitation rules."

My course had sent out an email saying clubhouse/restrooms were closed to public. You pay thru the window at the back of the clubhouse and carts/portalets will be cleaned/sanitized as they are used. Knowing them they will stay open. Tomorrow looks like the day. 60 deg. & Sunny.

Here in Florida locking them down. I did manage to play an open course.

The putting was very different to say the least.all of the 18 holes had the inside cups pushed upward to prevent the ball from falling inside. This was to prevent people reaching inside to grab the ball. Needless to say i had the best putting day of my life.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
fd53f251d71e4f2e94c1d924e886883b.jpg

I played yesterday and it looks like the biggest things are cups are flipped upside down so the ball only falls partially in to the hole, tee times are being spread out with slightly more time in between, no water coolers or ball washers on the course and you can check in from the tee box if you are a member. So far nothing that makes a real big pain which is awesome.

Over the past week operations have slowly been changing. No pulling pin, no sand bottles, no water on the holes, no towels in the carts. Yesterday San Antonio ordered, as they call it, "Stay Home, Work Safe" rule basically shutting the city down until April 9th. So late last night I got an email from the club head pro saying they are awaiting specific instruction for the course because its a resort and technically classified as a hotel. Those of which are to remain open according to the new city rules. I'm now in a wait and see mode and trying to be optimistic, hoping they allow at least members walk the course.

3850a6249878cabb388e909c68762bdb.png

VSGA just sent this email to all golf courses in VA:

E2141A96-A987-4DCB-9431-EDE2A95349D4.png

I consider golf to be life-essential.
Apparently they've mandated stay-at-home for Houston/Harris County except for essential travel and certain areas like parks. I just heard that our course is considering itself a "park" and is going to remain open. I hope the authorities don't come swooping down...

Here in Georgetown, Tx the 3 country clubs are open while the 3 courses at Sun City (a huge retirement community) are closed. My club has had several city vehicles and police officers drive by to make sure there aren't people clustered together, riding in the same cart, etc. We have had a couple groups that have parked there carts under a big tree to settle bets and drink beer. They have been told a couple times now to quit doing that. Yesterday an officer drove by and stopped and talked to the GM and told him again to tell them because if he has to get out of his car to then that when we will have a problem. The GM talked to them and sent another email explaining the stituation. Overall the club is doing a really good job of trying to keep people seperated and safe.

On the plus side the ownership company decided to cut dues for all clubs in half for the month of April and will re-evaluate for May.

I've gotten a couple of newsletters but nothing concrete. I've checked social media as well and there's not a lot of info. I'm trying the driving range tomorrow. Maybe.

My local course is not giving “updates”, but they did send out an initial email stating what their doing and what their doing moving forward. Courses are open in my area.

Nothing in about 2 weeks. Just know it is still closed. :cry:

Our last update was that the club and courses are still closed and will be going into April.

Ours are still open with rules in place & some have been updating via FB.

Ours are still open with rules in place & some have been updating via FB.
Same here. Social distancing rules in place, don't touch flagsticks, no sand bottles, no rakes in bunkers, etc. Restaurant is closed, pro shop doors are left open so nobody has to touch anything, limited occupancy in pro shop.

Closed until mid April and then they will re-assess.

Not really an update but amusing, I was at the range earlier at my home course and stopped to talk to the pro on my way out while I was getting a drink. He tells me we had a member who decided it was so nice out Monday he wanted to play golf so he called in sick to work and told them he was running a mild fever. He got home from the course that afternoon and work called him to tell him he would have to stay home without pay for 2 weeks to self isolate and needed to go to the ER and be tested....... hahahahaha hahahahaha come on dude pick something like a migraine that is not a symptom of this stuff if you are going to pull that:D

748872d3bbd85e8516fd04a268e6b435.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

748872d3bbd85e8516fd04a268e6b435.jpg

I am hoping that the state of Georgia will adopt a similar provision for golf. If not, no big deal. Lots of things worse than not being able to play golf for a couple weeks.

I am hoping that the state of Georgia will adopt a similar provision for golf. If not, no big deal. Lots of things worse than not being able to play golf for a couple weeks.
Totally understand people’s precautions during this time. It was a nice surprise to see this news though.

Last week I played in just a twosome to further limit the social distancing and each time was able to get out well in front of the hoards of foursomes thanks to the starter looking out. It’s nice to be out needless to say.

Yes things just changed here in FL. With that said there is a club I play at that is letting members and a guest walk the course. So we are going to do that tomorrow as the weather is beautiful. Nothing will be available like food, balls etc but better than nothing.

It's still winter in Central Canada where I live and there's no sign of any golf yet.
But our season will soon be here and I already got an email with changes for our 2020 season from a local course called Maplewood.
I thought I'd share it and see if you other members have seen similar moves at your home course.

Attachments

• Maple1.JPG
    Maple1.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Maple2.JPG
    Maple2.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Maple3.JPG
    Maple3.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
Back