Is Bad Pizza Still Good Pizza?

Yes, until a point. Once you cross that line it's irredeemably bad.

Dominos/Pizza Hut/etc I'd call "bad pizza" but they are still a guilty pleasure occasionally. But sometimes you'll get that cafeteria pizza or something that's just downright terrible.
Chain pizza like that is kinda like Mexican food to me - every so often I crave Taco Bell or Del Taco’s “imitation” Mexican food rather than hitting a real taco shop/Mexican restaurant for the authentic stuff.

Bad pizza is still good. Really bad pizza though is terrible haha

Yes... unless it includes sauerkraut or eggplant. If it does then no...

Throw any fruit like pineapple in that category for me. If my pizza has pineapple on it, it better be a slice draping a whole hogs tusks.

Having lived In ny/nj and visited many states, I can absolutely say NO. I’ve had digornontaste better than some pizzeria pizza. Lol

There was a time where I would have said yes, and then I had kids, and those kids made friends, and then I inevitably ended up at a few Chuck-E-Cheese birthday parties. Now I know the answer is, in fact, an emphatic no.

Forever I would have said yes but I can’t do it anymore - there is bad pizza that I’d rather pass on than eat

I say..... Yes. I almost had costco pizza today. I would say.... Yes.

There was a time where I would have said yes, and then I had kids, and those kids made friends, and then I inevitably ended up at a few Chuck-E-Cheese birthday parties. Now I know the answer is, in fact, an emphatic no.

Oh damn. I forgot how disgusting that stuff was. My babies are too grown, 😂.

I could at least eat that. Little Ceasars I just can’t choke that down. I’ll eat Speedway pizza (the hot carousel of bacterial death) before I go there.

No. Pizza Pit.
Wow, Pizza Pit. While I preferred Gumby's while I lived on campus over 25 years ago (damn I'm getting old), the Pit was always reliable for an edible pizza on a ramen noodle budget. For a while they had "The Onion (newspaper) Special" that I ordered for $5 at least twice a week, the key was to order double-sauce. Gumby's was a better pizza and the Pokey sticks were a culinary delight (for a 20 year old that thought Old Milwaukee was top shelf stuff), but I always gravitated back to the Pit for a cheap fix. I'm sure if I had either today, they would both be trash :)
To answer the question at hand...No, there is bad pizza that even I, a human garbage disposal, will not eat.

Forever I would have said yes but I can’t do it anymore - there is bad pizza that I’d rather pass on than eat

There gets to be a point in one’s life.....

I’m there food wise, if it doesn’t check every box I steer clear.

For reasons I’m not entirely sure of, I’ve got the crazy 80’s hairband uncle staying with me right now. Big house and he needed a place to crash. Anyways, It’s been interesting to say the least.

That dude will eat anything and everything and stay under 110# soaking wet. And not get sick or complain about really old food. His stomach, probably a lot like my doggies, has evolved to deal with less than ideal food. He’s had some rough years.

Still it’s probably like living with a prison convict, (he’s not) they don’t give a crap as long as they eat.

I think I can eat pizza anywhere because I don't eat it with sauce. Tomato sauce hurts my belly so I just forego that everytime I order pizza. Tomato sauce is the part that gets really bad the cheaper the pizza. Even at Little Caesars the bread with melted cheese and sausage or pepperoni is pretty good IMO. There square pizza is a step up.

That said I love pizza. A pizza that might score a 3 on a scale of 1-10 for all pizzas would be a 5 for on a scale of 1-10 for all food in general.

Also maybe the title of this thread should have been: Is Little Caesars still kind of good? Seems like everyone agrees it is bad pizza but about half of us still like it anyway LOL!

Last edited:
Ham & Pineapple pizza.
Yuk.

No. I can no longer choke down bad pizza

Yes. When I used to eat pizza I would eat any kind of pizza and be happy. Sometimes happier than other times though.

Oh damn. I forgot how disgusting that stuff was. My babies are too grown, 😂.

I could at least eat that. Little Ceasars I just can’t choke that down. I’ll eat Speedway pizza (the hot carousel of bacterial death) before I go there.

Little Caesar's somehow manages to look bad, even in the commercials.

No absolutely not. Especially if it’s a frozen kind.

No, not worth the carbs, which are a killer to your body.

Wow, Pizza Pit. While I preferred Gumby's while I lived on campus over 25 years ago (damn I'm getting old), the Pit was always reliable for an edible pizza on a ramen noodle budget. For a while they had "The Onion (newspaper) Special" that I ordered for $5 at least twice a week, the key was to order double-sauce. Gumby's was a better pizza and the Pokey sticks were a culinary delight (for a 20 year old that thought Old Milwaukee was top shelf stuff), but I always gravitated back to the Pit for a cheap fix. I'm sure if I had either today, they would both be trash :)
To answer the question at hand...No, there is bad pizza that even I, a human garbage disposal, will not eat.

Hmmmm I really like Old Milwaukee.

Throw any fruit like pineapple in that category for me. If my pizza has pineapple on it, it better be a slice draping a whole hogs tusks.
This is what I was thinking this morning. I don't think I've ever had a pizza that was awful top to bottom, but I've had pizza with bad components. Could be the best crust with bad toppings, good toppings bad crust. Doesn't matter how good it is, pineapple ruins it.

Back in college, there wasn't such a thing as bad pizza...it was food. :p

Back