Is Barry Bonds a HOF'er

Should Barry Bonds be elected into the Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 103 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • Unsure/Show Results

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

Lefty Moonshot

Reaction score
Handicap
The results for the 2022 MLB Hall of Fame class is announced tonight (1/25). This is Barry Bond's final year on the ballot and his last chance to get elected into the HOF. What would you Vote for Bonds?

No juice aloud in the hall

If he is not in it then there should not be a HOF. There are juicers, drug takers, cheaters, racists, and criminals already in HOF so we need to take off the rose colored glasses. The "juicers" saved baseball. If Bud Selig can be in there with his shenanigans then let all the juicers in.

I would not vote for him nor Clemens. I don't like the proven juiced histories.

I'd vote him in.

If he is not in it then there should not be a HOF. There are juicers, drug takers, cheaters, racists, and criminals already in HOF so we need to take off the rose colored glasses. The "juicers" saved baseball. If Bud Selig can be in there with his shenanigans then let all the juicers in.
This🔝

Absolutely...

Yep agree. He was great before he juiced but he saw others passing him by so he was just keeping up with everyone else haha

Yes he should be. I think the super ball baseballs of the era were as much to blame for the shattered records as anything.

He was a Hall of Famer before the juice in my opinion. I hate that he did it, but can see why (I think most people believe that the McGwire/Sosa run saved baseball after the labor disputes, and Bonds wanted some of that popularity/notoriety).

1000% yes...i am not a Bonds fan btw

Bonds had a four or five year stretch late in his career that matched / surpassed anything Babe Ruth or Ted Williams ever did.
His pre-roid career was also excellent albeit no match to theirs. Those are my three best all time hitters, surpassing even Cobb and Hornsby.

In total career OPS, he isn't quite with them but certainly close enough to belong in the Hall of Fame.
As for steroids, they were simply a condition of competition in his era...I don't care about them.
Plus he never actually failed a test anyway.

Definitely belongs in HoF.

When Rose gets in then get back to me.

Yes, he was a HOFer before the Juice and he is SURELY a HOFer after the juice.

There are without question people who took steroids in the hall already, he needs to be in.

Now, will he get in? I don't think so.

You know I have thought about juicers and whatnot off and on and changed my position many times. So, here goes, Bonds and Clemens, yes, they belong they had histories that would surely have gotten them in if not for some stupid sprinkled towards the end of their careers. Based on that, in they go. Now other players who maybe had HOF careers but spent a major chunk of time cheating with juice - no. Can't easily quantify it, but Sosa, Manny, ARod (Arod is a maybe), McGuire. These guys would be less likely to get in (I am using them as examples).

Part of the problem is what juices are ok vs not. I recall reading that Amphetimines, diet pills, uppers were all pretty abundent in the 50s-60s and maybe 70s. So what about all those guys?

Steroids or not, the man had some crazy hand eye coordination and talent. That shouldn’t be overlooked IMO

I will continue to say no until the Baseball experts decide that betting on the game is not as bad as cheating in the game.

Pete Rose should be in the Hall and until that day comes I will continue to say all of the known steroid users had too many of their stats inflated. Sure, Bonds and Clemens would probably have the stats to be Hall of Famers even if they didn't use the performance-enhancing drugs, but the issue we will never truly know is when they started and how much it affected their numbers.

Absolutely and while they are at it put Rose in as well!

That's where we differ, one unbreakable rule that has banishment as the punishment - and it's betting and it's noted by a sign in every clubhouse! He did it, he lied about, then said he did it, but not his team, them said yea his team, but only to win, then silence when he was shown evidence that he bet his team to lose (I think). That was (for me) the last nail, you manage the team, you bet your team to lose!

But, maybe my brain is playing tricks, I thought he was busted/shown evidence of betting his own team to lose.

Dude was a Hall of Famer prior to the speculation and I would have to believe there was a lot of cheating during that time.

What @echico said

If each plaque notes what they did (both on the field and off) for the cheaters, gamblers, juicers, and abusers - I think I'd be good with it. But Pete has to own up 100% not less than that, first.

Yes and so is McGwire & Clemens. They produced some of the most exciting baseball ever. As a baseball player for most of my life who never used them, steroids don't help you hit the baseball. They may help you hit it a little further or throw it a little faster but they still had to put in the work. And I'm sure they help with recovery from playing 182 games.

Back