Nope. Talk to me after we have a major or 2 where he plays on a course where he cant just bomb and gouge it all day long. Bryson is bombing it, no question but he still cant chip or putt.

Nope. Talk to me after we have a major or 2 where he plays on a course where he cant just bomb and gouge it all day long. Bryson is bombing it, no question but he still cant chip or putt.

Putting?
Wasn’t he #1 in strokes gained in putting

Datagolf has him #3 still behind McIlroy and Rahm. I like their method of doing rankings.

I would probably put him #2 behind Rory. Rory had a similar stretch to DeChambeau to start the year and I'm not going to ignore it for being a long time ago.

Putting?
Wasn’t he #1 in strokes gained in putting
Even if he is, it's too small of a sample size. Talk to me in November after we have 3 majors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He was 28th in strokes gained putting in 2019, 32nd in 2018, and is ranked 12th this year. He's been a well above average putter for two and a half years.

So if you modify the way the #1 is ranked and cherry pick recent events you can make a case that he's the best in the world.

Not sure why any of that matters though, seems like handing out the World Series trophy in May, but if you're a fan of Bryson and want to think like that go for it, I'll wait for a few months of real PGA golf to be played and some majors before considering the top ranking.

So if you modify the way the #1 is ranked and cherry pick recent events you can make a case that he's the best in the world.

Not sure why any of that matters though, seems like handing out the World Series trophy in May, but if you're a fan of Bryson and want to think like that go for it, I'll wait for a few months of real PGA golf to be played and some majors before considering the top ranking.

Its not a modifier, its a question. Discussion is fun :D
Normally there isn't much to modify, in this instance, the tour closed and then had to re-start later and condense.

Except for the courses played since he came back are not bomb and gouge courses. Plus the majors typically play longer than average tour courses. His length will give him even more of an advantage. Just ask yourself which shot you want 180 yds from the rough or 80 yds from the rough. Everyone misses fairways in majors. Guys that are longer have a huge edge. There is a reason the two best players of all time were also two of the longest and strongest of their generation.

Except for the courses played since he came back are not bomb and gouge courses. Plus the majors typically play longer than average tour courses. His length will give him even more of an advantage. Just ask yourself which shot you want 180 yds from the rough or 80 yds from the rough. Everyone misses fairways in majors. Guys that are longer have a huge edge. There is a reason the two best players of all time were also two of the longest and strongest of their generation.

Nail on the head. Jack Nicklaus was a D1 college basketball player at a Big 10 school who chose golf. Dude was an amazing athlete who could nuke the ball.

IMO people would talk about Jack the same way they do Tiger if he played in the present day. 18 majors with 19 2nd places and a total of 56 top 5’s is insanity

Can't help but be entertained watching guys getting surprised going way long and way short all day at Workday. Seems like maybe it's not just a Bryson issue. Spieth even talking physics now

Back