Bridgestone Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Quite a bit of chatter on the THP Forum as of late about whether or not the data tracking company Game Golf has shut it’s doors.

NEWS!Hearing reports that after a full week with servers down, that @GAMEGOLF may have closed the doors. The company has had some issues going back several months. pic.twitter.com/tpCb9NBNNw— The Hackers Paradise (@THPGolf) April 8, 2020

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");
Continue reading...

Last edited:

Jman

Golfing My Ball.
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Wouldn’t be shocking at all. I think most saw this coming WITHOUT the pandemic.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Wouldn’t be shocking at all. I think most saw this coming WITHOUT the pandemic.
I tend to agree and hope the news I am hearing is incorrect, but I don't believe it is.

Jman

Golfing My Ball.
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I tend to agree and hope the news I am hearing is incorrect, but I don't believe it is.
Seemed like there were already so many problems afoot, an economic bomb like this definitely wasn’t going to help.

Was always one product that I thought underachieved vastly based on potential.

M2Giles

Soon to be F9Giles
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
Considering the game golf pro basically failed and the software not really updating since game golf live, I'm not surprised.

Very sad, since I liked the product when I used it.

Molten

Man Down
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This is certainly sad news for the people involved. The company had some good technology and I enjoyed my time with it. It seemed like it was headed this way for months

obedt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
Hate hearing this. Hope the people involved can get back to work as quickly as possible.

greekelite

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Damn that sucks, I was just in the routine of using it.

have to look back when I received it, if Costco will Allow a return. It's either been 9 mos as a bday gift or over a year, the Xmas before

donny475

You can call me SteakSauce
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I still have it, bought almost 3 years ago and it worked great, slowly dropping in performance over the last year or so.....i just quit using it with the issues

aljaklaw

2019 THP/BG Co-Champion
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
tequila
That's a shame. GameGolf Live was great. Low-profile club tags and a phoneless setup that worked properly (mostly). Some other companies still haven't got their setup equal.

GGPro was apparently hot garbage, and with no subscription model to ensure future revenue, the writing was on the wall long ago.

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
This isn't that shocking. I see both Arrcos and GG to have limited markets and Arrcos is at least partnering up with some Club OEMs to broaden their market.

zbeekner4

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If this is true, is Arccos sorta the only competitor now in the club by club tracking?

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not to kick a company when they're down, but I never liked GG's interface or system. Too complicated and inaccurate.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Man I feel like they had a good system and some momentum when they started. But the last year+ has not been kind to them. Hate to see companies close their doors, but I think thy writing was on the walls with this one.

Duffer Waldorf

President, Carl Carmoni Fan Club
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
9.5 Grint
I'm surprised they lasted this long.

I only wish I could get my data somehow.

M2Giles

Soon to be F9Giles
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
If this is true, is Arccos sorta the only competitor now in the club by club tracking?
Arccos, Shotscope, Garmin, swingbyte (?), and a number of apps allow manual entry.

This isn't that shocking. I see both Arrcos and GG to have limited markets and Arrcos is at least partnering up with some Club OEMs to broaden their market.
Game Golf announced a grip with an embedded sensor before Arccos but it never came to market. Arccos also not only costs more, but are getting income from all of the subscriptions.

If you liked Gamegolf, look at shotscope for low profile tags and a non phone device. If you are okay with a phone in your pocket Arccos makes a great product as well.

Kmench

2020 Mizuno Experience
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Completely forgot about this company due to Arccos Golf being so popular.

GoldenBuff

Pool noodle fencing
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Competition is good. If true, they will be missed.

Gman79

I'm Chris and I'm a golf addict
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Seems like it was a lack of updates and user experience that caused this. I think with the trend in golf data and success of arcos wouldn't this be a product people are interested in utilizing? If significant upgrades could be made? Seemed like a few years ago there were a couple of brands selling the grip "buttons" that would track shot distances.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Honestly thought that had closed ages ago.
With Arccos having their various partnerships, and GG really not doing anything, the writing must have been on the wall.

Scorpion12

Lives under a rock
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Damn that sucks, I was just in the routine of using it.

have to look back when I received it, if Costco will Allow a return. It's either been 9 mos as a bday gift or over a year, the Xmas before
Costco has an amazing return policy... just look at the woman that bought a Christmas tree from Costco... and returned it after Christmas because it died. I believe she got her refund.

jlew2144

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Frustrating for folks who've been long time users. My unit died on me at the end of last year and after a few repeated attempts to contact CS- I gave up. Sucks because I lose quite a bit of data, but sucks more for those folks who will inevitably lose jobs.

skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been a GG for 4 years. I have over 300 rounds of data. I saw this coming in February so I downloaded all of my rounds and will now have to figure out how to extract the data in a meaningful way.

IMHO, it really is a shame. I thought GG was a fabulous tool. I believe it helped me in so many ways; realistic club distances, trends for misses, how to focus practice, etc. I thought their web-based editing tools were a bit clunky but very functional. I have two complete sets. I have replaced the batteries on both of my units myself.

I just ordered 2 sets of the Gen 2 Arrcos tags, one for each set of clubs.

I also use a Garmin S62, mostly for on course data and distances.

Ideally, I would like to see GG sell the analytics to Garmin. Garmin's Golf Connect software is horrible. And, I understand Garmin's club tags don't work very well.

Too bad all of this stuff can't be integrated with open API's and a comprehensive architecture. Someone could hit a home run.

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
not shocked. it was an absolute mess of a product and ot worth the money

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in