Arccos, Shotscope, Garmin, swingbyte (?), and a number of apps allow manual entry.

Game Golf announced a grip with an embedded sensor before Arccos but it never came to market. Arccos also not only costs more, but are getting income from all of the subscriptions.

If you liked Gamegolf, look at shotscope for low profile tags and a non phone device. If you are okay with a phone in your pocket Arccos makes a great product as well.
Garmin also has a screw in sensor system (CT10) that pairs with their watches. The sensors basically look like the Arccos ones with a white paint job.

Knew I should've sold my GG pro :p. It never worked properly, and they and promised a new unit that was customized to me for Tagging 7 rounds with it painfully. It never arrived, no responses from them, and no updates to the pro had me seeing this day on the horizon. Too bad. Good idea on the pro, just poorly implemented, and released way before it was ready.

It’s a tough business. There probably is not enough room in the marketplace for multiple companies. I think the embedded grips and OEM partnerships gave Arccos the advantage. Even there, I sometimes wonder it the company will make it long term.

After the server issues they were back up briefly and now supposedly are in "maintenance" mode, at least that is the message I get. I just started using it again as a way of keeping my score since the course isn't issuing scorecards and pencils at the present.

It’s a tough business. There probably is not enough room in the marketplace for multiple companies. I think the embedded grips and OEM partnerships gave Arccos the advantage. Even there, I sometimes wonder it the company will make it long term.

I agree. Future cash flows can be problematic with a product like this ad repeat purchases are few and far between, yet software improvements are expected from the users. Hence the move to a subscription model for all.

However, I think the annual subscriptions will be a massive turn off, so I do wonder what the Arccos business model will look like in 18-24 months time.

I have been a GG for 4 years. I have over 300 rounds of data. I saw this coming in February so I downloaded all of my rounds and will now have to figure out how to extract the data in a meaningful way.

IMHO, it really is a shame. I thought GG was a fabulous tool. I believe it helped me in so many ways; realistic club distances, trends for misses, how to focus practice, etc. I thought their web-based editing tools were a bit clunky but very functional. I have two complete sets. I have replaced the batteries on both of my units myself.

I just ordered 2 sets of the Gen 2 Arrcos tags, one for each set of clubs.

I also use a Garmin S62, mostly for on course data and distances.

Ideally, I would like to see GG sell the analytics to Garmin. Garmin's Golf Connect software is horrible. And, I understand Garmin's club tags don't work very well.

Too bad all of this stuff can't be integrated with open API's and a comprehensive architecture. Someone could hit a home run.
How did you download rounds ?

Yesterday both the app and website were down. App said ground under repair for maintenance.

Went back on today and everything appears back to normal. All my round data is back and I hit the “play golf” button and it showed the course closest to my house.

Yesterday both the app and website were down. App said ground under repair for maintenance.

Went back on today and everything appears back to normal. All my round data is back and I hit the “play golf” button and it showed the course closest to my house.

First time servers have been up in a week actually according to one source.
This is GREAT news for users, but here is a little advice.

DOWNLOAD THAT DATA because I am hearing some very different takes from a few sources close to the situation.

First time servers have been up in a week actually according to one source.
This is GREAT news for users, but here is a little advice.

DOWNLOAD THAT DATA because I am hearing some very different takes from a few sources close to the situation.
Oh yikes, that doesn’t sound promising.

No surprise here at all. Arrcos seemed to be getting the most hype

went out and played yesterday. A week or so ago I went into their app and added some new clubs I am using right now.
I charged my Game Golf unit overnight. It fired up and never seemed to miss a beat. Logged my round with no issues. Came home and uploaded it to the site. Did some minor editing like normal and posted my round. Checked it on my phone app and everything appears to be working just fine.

Anyone have anymore insight to their closure?

I couldn't connect to their database to upload rounds for a few days, then I would get a maintenance mode notification, also for a couple of days. I have't had an issue since. Seems to be working fine right now.

With no subscription model to sustain cash flow I don't know how they can stay open, but I also wonder what their obligation is to existing customers. Will they announce a yearly fee at some time in the future? Wouldn't surprise me.

I noticed last year they updated their website to include more features like comparing round stats to other rounds as well as the ability to select date ranges.

Was just messing around on the phone app and this functionality is now on there too. I find it odd they would be making recent enhancements if going out of business.

while I have never used either they may have had a potential suitor or cash infusion in the works. Or they had commited the money to the changes/updates already so why not implement them. My wife worked for a large retailer that went under 4-5 years ago. they were remodeling stores until the day they shut down.

does anyone know if Game Golf live still work or have they shut down the business?

does anyone know if Game Golf live still work or have they shut down the business?

I played last Saturday and my unit worked fine. Fast forward to yesterday and neither the app nor website would bring my account/data up. Today It’s down as well.

the crazy thing is just recently they added some new features their site had to the app which was nice to see. Hoping they can survive because I’d hate to lose 4+ seasons of data

I played last Saturday and my unit worked fine. Fast forward to yesterday and neither the app nor website would bring my account/data up. Today It’s down as well.

the crazy thing is just recently they added some new features their site had to the app which was nice to see. Hoping they can survive because I’d hate to lose 4+ seasons of data
It´s seems in possible to get in tocuh white Game Golf Live support as well so i hope i can active soon because i just bought Game Golf Live

They were down for a few days then back up for the last two weeks or so, now down again. I'd even be willing to pay a modest (very modest since it wasn't part of the deal up front) annual subscription fee to keep things up and running.

so probably I have bought a product that I will not be able to use, it was not so fun :( but I hope it will start, could also think to pay type 29 SEK a month to keep it going if that's what it takes ....

Well I used game golf last week just fine but now the app wo g let me log in and it says my email doesn’t exist nor does my user name so I guess they died of corona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is really disappointing.

Their app and site have been down For a few days now.

I heard today that Game Golf folded up shop. Is this true?

This is the third time in a very short period that the site is down.
Been told from numerous people that it is just a matter of time.

Back