Is GameGolf dead?

GG has worked for the last 3 rounds I played BUT now the people I have been following (even tho they are playing) I am not getting notified when they play so I can keep following them - you know commenting and praising their good shots, sympathizing for their bad ones etc.

Still can't reach customer support- and other rounds of people I have been following still do not show up n my feed?!?!?!

Probably lucky just to see your scores and upload new scores at this point. One person I messaged on Linkedin messaged me back and said he no longer works there. He said they had major financial problems when he left and would be surprised if they were still active.

As much as I REALLY wanted to stay with GG, the last time I used it, it wouldn’t load my home course and didn’t sync with my clubs. I decided to abandon it and go with Arccos. After two round with Arccos, I’m pleased with it. For those with hearing aids that sync with your iPhone, I had to “forget” by hearing aids while using Arccos but then all was good.

Any more news???? Still recording rounds - but have lost all social interaction...Support cannot be reached...so sad if they are gone!!!

Wish I had of seen this thread before purchasing Game Golf Live yesterday, albeit second hand.

The future doesn't look good for them unfortunately.

Hey - I have been using GG classic for over 500 rounds - still works perfectly --BUT all the social aspects of the device are gone - can't reach any of my GG pals =people I used to follow, etc. miss that. Support cannot be contacted any more - I have tried may times in the past 3 weeks!

Hey - I have been using GG classic for over 500 rounds - still works perfectly --BUT all the social aspects of the device are gone - can't reach any of my GG pals =people I used to follow, etc. miss that. Support cannot be contacted any more - I have tried may times in the past 3 weeks!
I got an email today that one of the people I used to follow posted a round. That hadn’t happened in months. Odd.
I’ve been using the phone app to tag my rounds. But adopting Shot Scope v3 tomorrow

The Dashboard is down again.

The Dashboard is down again.
Whether they are "dead" or not, it is this up and down of the dashboard and being unable to upload rounds that finally got to me and got me looking at alternatives. Arccos isn't for me due to using Bluetooth and the need for batteries, Golf Pad seemed like a decent alternative though requiring the phone in the pocket but tagging was inconsistent and stats calculations were off in too many areas for my liking. So I really investigated Shot Scope, read every FAQ and article on their website and decided to go with the V3 when released. It has been perfect for me! I could not be happier with a shot tracking system.

I appreciated your GolfPad tags (and Shot Scope) info. It was a big help in looking at alternatives. (y)

After using Arccos briefly, I know for sure that any system I use is going to have to have its own GPS receiver and not rely on a phone for location info. Seven holes with a Mophie in my back pocket sealed that deal.

Game Golf's tagging system seems like the simplest method, to me. I've never once had it miss 40+ shots in a round, let alone twice. The ability to use the Live version without any phone interaction was excellent.

Whether they are "dead" or not, it is this up and down of the dashboard and being unable to upload rounds that finally got to me and got me looking at alternatives. Arccos isn't for me due to using Bluetooth and the need for batteries, Golf Pad seemed like a decent alternative though requiring the phone in the pocket but tagging was inconsistent and stats calculations were off in too many areas for my liking. So I really investigated Shot Scope, read every FAQ and article on their website and decided to go with the V3 when released. It has been perfect for me! I could not be happier with a shot tracking system.
Maybe you should give Arccos a look since they are finally releasing the doohicky so you don't have to keep your phone in the pocket.

I will add after 1 round the phone never bothered me and I have a Note 8 which isn't small.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm in Perth, Australia and been using Game Golf live for a few years, worked fine last week, today was the first time I haven't been able to upload a round and unable to log on to account. So tried to find out why, nothing on their facebook page or website, wasn't aware of issues until I read this thread, I really hope they haven't gone as will certainly miss checking my stats etc.

So tried to find out why, nothing on their facebook page or website, wasn't aware of issues until I read this thread, I really hope they haven't gone as will certainly miss checking my stats etc.
See this, too.

:welcome:

Maybe you should give Arccos a look since they are finally releasing the doohicky so you don't have to keep your phone in the pocket.

I will add after 1 round the phone never bothered me and I have a Note 8 which isn't small.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have already gone with Shot Scope.

I really looked into Arccos but one thing that doesn't work for me about Arccos is the batteries. They claim 5 year life but that is based on an average of 50 rounds per year. I play 250 rounds in less than a year and a half and even if they replace the sensors under warranty, since they admitted they would not all "die" at the same rate, I'd be constantly swapping them out. Add to that the original cost of sensors, annual subscription price and, to me, Shot Scope is the better deal. I've also read about too many missed shots with Arccos and even if the "link" device they are coming out with eliminates having to carry the phone it is unproven in its ability to capture every shot and won't probably be available to anyone who didn't pre-order until late this year.

Back