Is GameGolf dead?

skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
Handicap
I also posted this over at the Sandtrap.

I've not been able to login to Gamegolf.com for the past couple of days.
Does anyone know if the site is still active and if the company is still around?

Just in the past 2 days, I am unable to login to my account from either the website or mobile app. This is a new development.

Just in the past 2 days, I am unable to login to my account from either the website or mobile app. This is a new development.
I'm able to access GameGolf Live from my mobile, but haven't attempted on a PC, as the website is blocked by my employer.

I'll try logging in later tonight.

I've been hesitant to use the program, as I'm finding a bunch of glitches as of late.

I was able to log in fine from my PC

I was able to log in fine from my PC
I recorded a round with my phone without much of an issue last Friday. The round uploaded to the cloud and I was able to view it on the computer. I don’t use the tags, just the phone app.

I wasn't able to get logged in yesterday. Haven't tried it today.

Anyone try theirs lately? I think it's dead but not sure if even any of the functions work.. even just the GPS shot tracking

I got logged in and it has all my history, but it doesn't pair with my actual device.

Tagging and uploads via the desktop transfer program worked fine for me this week. I haven't used the 'Live' feature or app while playing in months, so I can't comment on those aspects.

Tagging and uploads via the desktop transfer program worked fine for me this week. I haven't used the 'Live' feature or app while playing in months, so I can't comment on those aspects.

Oh so I don't even need the app? Just boot up, get GPS signal, and tag shots?

I did use the app for round summary and such but I suppose a can use my PC

Thanks!

Oh so I don't even need the app? Just boot up, get GPS signal, and tag shots?

I did use the app for round summary and such but I suppose a can use my PC

Thanks!
Yes, you don't need the app. It effectively turns the 'Live' version into the original. Just turn on the belt unit a few minutes before you start. Once it locks on the GPS signal, you're good to go.

After you upload, all the shot data will be available in the app, too.

Do you have the transfer program installed? If not, from the dashboard when logged in to their web site, the gray triangle on the right at the top has a Downloads option.

I've got the original version, Classic, and I've been tagging and uploading since the 23rd of March. There were a couple of days in there where I got the error message that the transfer tool could not connect to their server. Then there were a couple more days where I got a Maintenance message. The last 12 rounds, all since April 15th, have uploaded flawlessly. After "signing" my round I can review it in the App if I so choose, which is really the only thing I use the App for.

Once again, can't connect to their database trying to upload a round. You can't even get to you dashboard - same error message! I wish they would maybe come up with a reasonable annual fee to keep things up and running. I'd rather do that than have to switch to Arccos. One of the reasons, there are a few, that I prefer GameGolf is that you get more than 14 tags so if there are clubs that you switch in and out of the bag you dedicate a different tag to each and be done with it.

Yeah, definitely looks like it's dead. :( I switched to Arccos late last year and it's NOT GOOD. Last two rounds, it was able to pick up 37 and 18 shots respectively. I played well but c'mon.

Was thinking of switching back to GG but doesn't look like I have that option now.

Yeah, definitely looks like it's dead. :( I switched to Arccos late last year and it's NOT GOOD. Last two rounds, it was able to pick up 37 and 18 shots respectively. I played well but c'mon.

Was thinking of switching back to GG but doesn't look like I have that option now.
That definitely sounds like you could have a fault with your own set-up somehow, mine has worked perfectly for the limited use I've managed to get out of it. Have you tried contacting Arccos at all? It is a fantastic system with great info so hopefully you can get up and running with it properly.

That definitely sounds like you could have a fault with your own set-up somehow, mine has worked perfectly for the limited use I've managed to get out of it. Have you tried contacting Arccos at all? It is a fantastic system with great info so hopefully you can get up and running with it properly.
I've had mixed results. Worse were the last two rounds. Prior to that, it's been pretty good...usually around 70 or shots registered, missing the odd shot and a lot of putts. I'll run a check on the tags before my next round. Really really hoping their new belt sensor solves all my problems. If not, no more shot tracking for me.

I've had mixed results. Worse were the last two rounds. Prior to that, it's been pretty good...usually around 70 or shots registered, missing the odd shot and a lot of putts. I'll run a check on the tags before my next round. Really really hoping their new belt sensor solves all my problems. If not, no more shot tracking for me.
Definitely worth seeing if there is some problem at all, if they were new last year then the batteries should still be good so must be an issue somewhere else.

I really hope that their new Link sensor comes out soon, the phone in the pocket is my only gripe with the system, but I'm not holding my breath!

Back