Is Is Possible to Buff Out Stamped Initials?

bbuonic81

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.1
I guess the title says it all: Is it possible to "buff out" stamped initials on a club?

I have been perusing eBay, used websites and stores for a deal on a SeeMore putter. I found one in pretty good shape, but it has the prior owners initals stamped on the sole. I guess it's not the end of the word (if I can make a good enough deal), but it's obviously something that'll bother me a little bit.

Does anyone know if you can have the stamping undone? Anyone have any success with this?

Thanks for any input!

I guess the title says it all: Is it possible to "buff out" stamped initials on a club?

I have been perusing eBay, used websites and stores for a deal on a SeeMore putter. I found one in pretty good shape, but it has the prior owners initals stamped on the sole. I guess it's not the end of the word (if I can make a good enough deal), but it's obviously something that'll bother me a little bit.

Does anyone know if you can have the stamping undone? Anyone have any success with this?

Thanks for any input!

I honestly think it will be hard because of how deep the initials may be, another alternative if the metal is dark like some
Seemores, you can get a dark paint fill and fill them up abit,
Or just change your name like the staff bag people haha.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

You can buff it out but there will be a big gash on the club that's almost worse than the stamping being there. I prefer to solder in the stamping and sand over it and then you'll barely see it.

Or you could make up something that the initials mean.

THPing on Tapatalk

You can buff it out but there will be a big gash on the club that's almost worse than the stamping being there. I prefer to solder in the stamping and sand over it and then you'll barely see it.

Or you could make up something that the initials mean.

THPing on Tapatalk

That's a good Idea too

That's a good Idea too

With chromed clubs it works perfectly. If the metal is darker (satin) it still shows up and you need to cover the solder somehow (very light nail polish works well).

THPing on Tapatalk

With chromed clubs it works perfectly. If the metal is darker (satin) it still shows up and you need to cover the solder somehow (very light nail polish works well).

THPing on Tapatalk

Yeah sounds about right, I also like the idea of paint Filling the letters and making a meaning for them, imagine if the initials were FTW? Haha

Yeah sounds about right, I also like the idea of paint Filling the letters and making a meaning for them, imagine if the initials were FTW? Haha

Then just stamp JF in front of that and you'll have the coolest wedge on the course.

THPing on Tapatalk

Then just stamp JF in front of that and you'll have the coolest wedge on the course.

THPing on Tapatalk

Hahahah, John Fissel?

I would say no. Best bet is to have them welded up. This is the one thing people never think of when stamping stuff. Limits resale value. In some cases welding is not an option because of the face and finish.

Thanks for all the input!

I think this is really going to come down to what kind of deal I can make. If I can get it cheap enough, I can live with it. If not, it'll probably irk me just enough every time I pull the putter out that I won't make anything with it.

Thanks for all the input!

I think this is really going to come down to what kind of deal I can make. If I can get it cheap enough, I can live with it. If not, it'll probably irk me just enough every time I pull the putter out that I won't make anything with it.

True, if spending $25 more will make you feel Better by getting it new then buy it new,
But if it's !75 or more that you're saving, then sure it's worth living with the stamped initials

Close.

THPing on Tapatalk

Lol I know, just joking

Did you do the welding technique recently on a putter or wedge you own?

Lol I know, just joking

Did you do the welding technique recently on a putter or wedge you own?

Did it on a putter but I no longer own it. I have an old wedge that's stamped I can do and post up some pics, just gotta get some solder.

THPing on Tapatalk

Did it on a putter but I no longer own it. I have an old wedge that's stamped I can do and post up some pics, just gotta get some solder.

THPing on Tapatalk

That would be cool if you don't mind i would like to see

Not knowing the metal finish of the club. You could always experiment with mixing a paint fill to match the club. That or soldering.

Back