is it blasphemous that i don't baby my putter?

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I love my HB but it's taken some abuse from my recent walks around the course...should i be ashamed? do you baby your putter on the course?

Putter gets the white glove treatment. Well all the clubs in the bag do, but the putter gets extra attention.

Putter gets the white glove treatment. Well all the clubs in the bag do, but the putter gets extra attention.

welp, I guess I need another putter now :ROFLMAO:

You couldn’t have said it better Mike! My putter gets special care! Always on the top shelf!

Last edited:
I don’t think I baby it but I don’t beat it up.

Reprehensible...

I don’t think I baby it but I don’t beat it up.

I don't beat it up, per se...but I leave all my covers all while walking the course and my putter has taken some chatter :eek:...makes me feel like I need a new putter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Maybe it deserves it?

Mine does. But I honestly don't :ROFLMAO:

Top, back, sides don't care about but bottom edge and face need to protected

I've always covered my putter, driver and woods. Even when I walked 90% of my rounds.

As for the putter, so much is often made of their meticulously machined faces. I'm assuming this should represent some intended benefit then, no?

To allow it to get all marred up just seems counter to it's original design. I mean, I haven't seen a manufacturer offer a club chatter model direct from the assembly line just yet.

They can tumble them in a huge vat of iron and wedge heads to achieve optimal effect. I want the patent on the idea!

I baby all clubs really but those that require head covers get extra care

Mines taken a beating but its still the best club in my bag. Maybe it's a lefty thing?

I don’t think so. My putters always get babied. I want the face as pristine as possible. All of my clubs that get headcovers get babied to some extent, but my putter is special

This is my putter, there are many like it, but this one is mine.....

With what the prices are these days for golf equipment I treat all my clubs with respect. Don't want to have to replace a club because I lost my temper. It's easier just to go and bang my head against a tree, I can't damage it. :LOL:

With what the prices are these days for golf equipment I treat all my clubs with respect. Don't want to have to replace a club because I lost my temper. It's easier just to go and bang my head against a tree, I can't damage it. :LOL:

But those poor poor trees!!! :ROFLMAO:

I leave the cover on mine when not using it for sure. I won’t it to feel “special” when I’m taking it out for it’s intended job. Sometimes it works- usually it doesn’t.

I have head covers on all my clubs so I guess I do baby em. :p

I don't beat it up, per se...but I leave all my covers all while walking the course and my putter has taken some chatter :eek:...makes me feel like I need a new putter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Whatever reason you want to use to get a new putter works with me. ;)

I wouldn’t say I baby it but I don’t abuse it either. I don’t put the headcover on it between holes. Once I reach the first green it comes off and stays off until I am done. That’s mostly because I just don’t like to spend extra time, even a few seconds taking it off and putting it back on. Same goes with my driver. I may replace the head overs on everything else if I use it during a round but those 2 I do not as I am going to use them so much.

Yes, it is blasphemous.

I keep my head cover on it at all times, I don’t mind chatter on irons, but woods and putter need to stay covered.

Back