Never have had one and never have seen one either. Thats why I was so p!ssed when somebody did it at the New England outing last year

Have been playing since I was 15, and am 56 now. Carry a low handicap, practice a lot, and break par several times a season. Have numerous seasons where I have easily played 100+ rounds. But let’s say during the last 41 years, I have averaged 60 rounds a year due to family, deployments, kids travel baseball, etc, that’s a rough wag of about 2400 rounds. That’s approx 9840 par 3s and still NO damn hole in ones.

On a side note. Playing as a single this past season at a local course, I was paired up with a threesome. At the first par 3 of the round, a hole that measures 187 yards, the guy with the worst swing of the group steps up to the box. In fact, Charles Barkley swing looked good compared to his. The hack pulled out his 3 wood and gave it a wicked slash. The ball starts off about 10 yards left of his line and no higher than a foot off the ground, the worm burner starts working it’s way back to the right at about 90 yards and rolls right into the cup. Turns around and says, ”that’s number 4”. I don’t think he broke 110. Simply unreal.

Anyone else play as many rounds over their life and still shut out or is it just me?
I've never had a hole in one, either. Holed out for eagle and birdie form all over the place though.
I have witnessed 3 HIO's, and one was like you described. Guy hit an skanky 7 iron about 2ft off the ground, hit the base of a big cedar tree, richocheted across the green and trickled in......lol

Last edited:
I feel better. Finally ended my 35 year shutout on 03/26 with my first hole in one. It was a slight mishit high on the toe, but landed on the right front of the green (with a front pin), kicked left and rolled in.

I feel better. Finally ended my 35 year shutout on 03/26 with my first hole in one. It was a slight mishit high on the toe, but landed on the right front of the green (with a front pin), kicked left and rolled in.
Congratulations! Good things come to those who wait.
I am only on a 32 year shut out and haven't seen one either so fingers crossed it will happen sometime

Congratulations

72......you have me beat brother. Our time will come....... I hope.

It will happen for both of you. I had about 2,000 rounds under my belt before my first HIO.

I've never had one in my 20+ years of golfing.
And I've only seen one - and it was virtually a miracle.
I was at golf school and we were out on the course early one morning working on greenside bunker shots on a par 3 hole (170 yds).
There had to be 100+ golf balls on the green from the 4 of us students hitting a bunch of sand shots.
All the sudden a single rolls up the tee. Our instructor waves him on.
Guy hits a low liner that never gets more than 6 feet high.
It lands well short of the green and then proceeds to bounce over, around, and past, all 100 of the golf balls sitting there.
Shot clangs the pin and then drops into the cup for a hole in one.
Amazing.....

I'm 56 and have been playing since I was 13, probably average 60 rounds per year and I've been a single-digit handicapper my whole life. I had 2 aces within 16 days in 1996, but that's it. I could certainly be exactly where you are without those 2 shots.

Last fall I was working on a swing change swallowing out my backswing. Wound up battling the hooks as a result (long story).

I hooked my shot into a berm/slope on the far left side of the green. It was pretty firm due to the cold weather and bounced back onto the green and rolled all the way to the cup. Just missed. Figures one of my worst shots of the fall.

Been playing since I was 14.....

Yep, I'm in the Zero crowd as well and only saw one. Similar story - a threesome was playing behind me and skulled an iron... rolled right into the cup. They celebrated HARD!

Back