JZ777

Reaction score
Handicap
Have been playing since I was 15, and am 56 now. Carry a low handicap, practice a lot, and break par several times a season. Have numerous seasons where I have easily played 100+ rounds. But let’s say during the last 41 years, I have averaged 60 rounds a year due to family, deployments, kids travel baseball, etc, that’s a rough wag of about 2400 rounds. That’s approx 9840 par 3s and still NO damn hole in ones.

On a side note. Playing as a single this past season at a local course, I was paired up with a threesome. At the first par 3 of the round, a hole that measures 187 yards, the guy with the worst swing of the group steps up to the box. In fact, Charles Barkley swing looked good compared to his. The hack pulled out his 3 wood and gave it a wicked slash. The ball starts off about 10 yards left of his line and no higher than a foot off the ground, the worm burner starts working it’s way back to the right at about 90 yards and rolls right into the cup. Turns around and says, ”that’s number 4”. I don’t think he broke 110. Simply unreal.

Anyone else play as many rounds over their life and still shut out or is it just me?

Been playing since I was 10 and am now 38, and none for me. I've come really, really close quite a few times, but never got the luck. I don't play as much as you do, probably 40-50 rounds a year in the last 5-6 years, but still nothing. Sounds like that guy needs to go play the lottery, lol.

I kind of think a ball like that has a better chance of going in. Well struck balls generally just hop and stop. A rolling ball is almost always what you see when one goes in the hole.

I have been playing for 27 years (13 to 40) with no hole in ones.

I have been playing golf since 1972. I do not have a hole in one and have only witnessed one in my career.

I have been playing golf since 1972. I do not have a hole in one and have only witnessed one in my career.
72......you have me beat brother. Our time will come....... I hope.

All hole in ones are nothing more than luck...

Been playing on and off for around 40 years and still never had one...been close a few times and hit the pin but never had one drop

You could always stand out in a field during a storm and see if lightning strikes you. Your odds would be better than making a hole in one. :ROFLMAO:

72......you have me beat brother. Our time will come....... I hope.

I’ve holed out 5 times from 78 to 160 yards for eagle.

0 since 1985. Someday it will happen, and it will be glorious.

Man, sorry you haven't had one yet. I've never gotten one but I haven't played nearly as much as you have.

I came close once but that doesn't count... it was a birdie. I duffed my tee shot on a par 3 and my ball barely made it past the forward tees... I hit my second shot and that shot was like you described... a corkscrewing worm burner right towards the green. I was looking in the weeds past the hole on the backside when my playing partners said look in the hole". A birdie.

what get me are the players that have like 7 HIO's... how do they do that? Are they just lucky?:unsure:

f38.png

I witnessed a 70 year old lady hit driver on a 120 yard par 3, bounce it over a frozen lake and into the hole before I got one.

Trick is to get the ball rolling, and just be lucky.

I don’t have a lot of golf years under my belt: 5-6 + a brief intro as a kid. No HOI’s. Closest I came to seeing one was a group behind us in a pro-am. I just heard the yelling and turned to see some happy golfers. I like to joke that if I ever get a HOI it will be on a sim. 🤪

I've been playing on and off since '85 and I'm still batting .000

I saw a guy top one down a hill and into the hole for an ace

I was playing with a guy who hit a so-so 3 wood, turned away from the shot muttering blah blah....he didn't even react when i told him it went in. He was still pissed he didn't hit it perfect

Didn't start to play golf until I was 40 , had my first hole in one five years later, an awful swing , took too much club and hit it badly and it went in sideways at pace. 99% luck, 1% good fortune.:eek:

Twenty years later , I flushed a two iron into a stiff breeze, one bounce and into the hole 195 yards away. 90% skill, 10% luck :egyptian:
And I have holed from the fairway on par 4s and par fives for eagle.

I have had three playing partners get holes in one, including a 28 handicapper who plays five times a year, and seen a ball disappear in the hole whist on the next tee.

We should play together some time, I may be what you need!

Last edited:
My dad has been playing 50 years and 0 for him. My mom has been playing just as long, non for her. I have been playing 35 years. 0 for me. The only one in my family is my brothers and his was in darkness. He has played for 35 years too. 170 years of golfing and we have 1.

I've ben playing on and off for 20 years and still never had one. Witnessed one from the group behind us last year, and hit the flag about 5 years back but that's it.

Played 34 years and about 3000 rounds before my first and had a 2nd 2 years later. Had one round where 3 shots on 3 par 3's totaled about 2 feet from hole once.....Have a son who is scratch and has played 24 years at about 2000 rounds and his irons are lasers....he has yet to have one....but he has two albatrosses....Go figure...

I'm a member of the 0 club. I've also played well over a thousand rounds with people and I've never witnessed one. Im starting to think it's a me problem 🥺🤣

Playing since I was 17 and I am now 51. I have never witnessed a HIO but I have had a ball come up 1 inch short of one. Probably the closest I'll ever come.

Whether it would be my playing partners or myself It would be awesome to see.

47 years and counting. Name a way that a ball doesn't go in, I've done it. And the really aggravating thing about all of those is that I have WATCHED all near misses except one. (bashed the edge of cup on a blind pin location and didn't drop in). Worst was a double lip out- lipped out rolling toward the hole, went up the slope, rolled back and lipped out again.

It's not just you. I've been golfing for 35 years, no HIO yet. Been within 2-3 inches a few times, but none of them have gone in for me. I've witnessed one, from a playing partner.

Holes in One???

A big fat ZERO for me.... but I've threatened that damn hole plenty of times!. Been playing golf since i was about 10, with several breaks due to work/family, etc.. (I'm 55 now). I don't think I've played quite as many rounds as the OP, but probably close.

My wife, however, started playing golf about 3-4 years ago and had her first hole in one in the fall of 2020 on a 130 yard par 3 from a fairly steep, elevated tee (she put a great swing on that shot, i must say) I'm guessing she's got fewer than 100 rounds played so far (she usually plays 9 holes at a clip). So, i could have 7 or 8 holes in one, this year alone, and her HIO per holes/rounds played ratio will STILL crush mine! (and i'm good with that!) :)

4/12/89 7 iron 150 over water. My final shot, broke 80 with a 79!

...nothing else in the past 32 years!

Keep at it OP, your day is coming...esp since you tempted fate by starting this thread~

Back