I don't have that many rounds in, but with the number of times I've been within a few feet/hit the pin/lipped out, and the number of times I've holed out on non-par 3's, I feel like I definitely could have had one or two. Just on the percentages.

I figure mine will eventually come when I least expect it, and it'll be some nonsense like I thin a tee shot that skips across the water, bounces off a rock, hops through a bunker and hits the pin and drops when in all reality it should have rolled 10 feet past. :ROFLMAO:

No, it's not just you. I've played this stupid game for 50+ years and have never had one. Been close a ton of times, but never got one. Yet, me and my golfing buddies know a guy who is a horrible golfer, and 2 of them were with him when he got a HIO on a 210 yards, slightly uphill par 3, with a green tilted like the roof of your house!

I've been playing for a little over 30 years and none for me, but I did get to witness my dad get his second about 10 years ago...really cool moment to share with him

Playing since 1966, have had a 2 on a par 5 3 times, holed out on second shots on par 4 s lots of times, eagles on par 5s lots of times also. Hole in one? Zip, zero, nada.
Hit the stick but never went in. I have seen consecutive hole's in one, last guy in our group, first guy in the next group. I have seen good players and hacks make it as well.
Maybe one day, maybe never, just don't know. I have lost a lot of distance being 75 so outlook is not good, but will keep trying.

Never had one and only been close a handful of times, but I’ve witnessed 3.... 2 of those came within a week and were random people I was paired with

One of my buddies has had 4, with 2 coming in back-to-back years when he was 20 and 21 years old. It's been 10 years since the last one.
An acquaintance I golfed with has 1 HIO, and it came on a par 4 which is pretty crazy to me.
There was news of a girl at my home course, her first time ever on a course, on her first hole, on her first swing -- hit a holy roller 120 yards straight into the hole.

I probably only have ~50 rounds under my belt but I have not seen one or had one. Someday!

Have been playing since I was 15, and am 56 now. Carry a low handicap, practice a lot, and break par several times a season. Have numerous seasons where I have easily played 100+ rounds. But let’s say during the last 41 years, I have averaged 60 rounds a year due to family, deployments, kids travel baseball, etc, that’s a rough wag of about 2400 rounds. That’s approx 9840 par 3s and still NO damn hole in ones.

On a side note. Playing as a single this past season at a local course, I was paired up with a threesome. At the first par 3 of the round, a hole that measures 187 yards, the guy with the worst swing of the group steps up to the box. In fact, Charles Barkley swing looked good compared to his. The hack pulled out his 3 wood and gave it a wicked slash. The ball starts off about 10 yards left of his line and no higher than a foot off the ground, the worm burner starts working it’s way back to the right at about 90 yards and rolls right into the cup. Turns around and says, ”that’s number 4”. I don’t think he broke 110. Simply unreal.

Anyone else play as many rounds over their life and still shut out or is it just me?
it's just you

Never had one and only been close a handful of times, but I’ve witnessed 3.... 2 of those came within a week and were random people I was paired with
The more I play, the luckier I get :ROFLMAO:

0 since 1987. My 77 year old aunt has 9, my mother got her first last year at the age of 78. Not sure I will live long enough to ever get one.

I have been playing for around 18 years and no HIO. I have more hole out eagles than I can count so I assume I will get a HIO one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think stories like this are legit?
See … a lot of luck. But I hope this guy went & played the lottery one of those days. But 11 holes in one … damn :eek:

I've yet to get one. Had one go in the hole and spin out and sit on the lip. Hit the flag on three other occasions. I will be 60 this year and started playing when I was 13. My brother on the other hand didn't start playing until he was in his 30s and got one his first year playing.

I read a story some where where a decent golfer was visiting a non golfing friend. The friend had never touched a golf club other than a putter, on a windmill/clown set up.

The golfer talked his friend into a round of golf. The golfer gave his friend a few pointers at the driving range.

On their first hole, paired with two strangers, it was decided the friend would hit first.

You guessed it. First time out, on his first ever counted golf swing, the friend aced the par 3. He went on to shoot well over 120

I have had my share of hios, and I have to say a lot of luck was involved. Yes, a decent swing will get the ball close, but those last few yards the ball travels into the cup is just plain luck as far as I'm concerned..

Another example of luck is video poker. My wife, and I (pre-covid) would play on a weekly basis. This for several years. I've never recorded a royal flush. My Wife probably has close to 100. Some with max coins bet.

I bet on the nfl every year. I play a weekly "pick em" 16 game ticket. Although I've had a few perfect picks, I always had to share the 1st place winnings with several other betters. My wife played just one, 16 game ticket. She won the week all by herself.

Chock it all up to good luck, bad luck, or no luck. Planets all in alignment. The moon was the right distance from earth. No solar flares for the past 10 minutes. Idk.

My first hole in one was in The Golf Club 2019. My second one was in the 2K21 version. I've come within a foot of getting one IRL twice, and two putted both times.

Been playing golf now about 18 years, started when my wife’s new boss at the time dragged me out every second Sunday. In my 3rd year playing twice a month, I got my first HIO at a tournament playing with same gentleman.

Now have accumulated a total of six HIO’s. Although I do agree there is some luck involved, I recall watching a fellow in the group ahead of us at a par 3, get one. We were all backed up so we walked up congratulating him and I asked him if it was his first. To my amazement he had said it was his 12th or 13th. I asked very quickly so what’s the secret. His explanation was you have to hit enough club to get the ball to the hole. I follow that advice ever since. Interesting fact is that I play with the same foresome pretty well every Friday afternoon and two of my friends have witnessed four of my HIO’s, 3 actually ring on the same hole ranging from 165 yards to 180 yards.

Don’t give up they’ll eventually come, I am a believer.

Have been playing since I was 15, and am 56 now. Carry a low handicap, practice a lot, and break par several times a season. Have numerous seasons where I have easily played 100+ rounds. But let’s say during the last 41 years, I have averaged 60 rounds a year due to family, deployments, kids travel baseball, etc, that’s a rough wag of about 2400 rounds. That’s approx 9840 par 3s and still NO damn hole in ones.

On a side note. Playing as a single this past season at a local course, I was paired up with a threesome. At the first par 3 of the round, a hole that measures 187 yards, the guy with the worst swing of the group steps up to the box. In fact, Charles Barkley swing looked good compared to his. The hack pulled out his 3 wood and gave it a wicked slash. The ball starts off about 10 yards left of his line and no higher than a foot off the ground, the worm burner starts working it’s way back to the right at about 90 yards and rolls right into the cup. Turns around and says, ”that’s number 4”. I don’t think he broke 110. Simply unreal.

Anyone else play as many rounds over their life and still shut out or is it just me?

Im 47, been playing since I was 7, but took about a 12 year break from golf. Couldn’t even begin to speculate how many rounds I’ve played, but I’ve hit the pin, lipped out, left the ball hanging but never had a hole in one.

One of my best mates when we were 12, at 140 yard par three 8th hole at East Kilbride Golf Club, took out a 2 wood and knifed it along the deck. Cue much stomping of huffy feet as me and our other mate watched this thing skitter towards the green.

I said the immortal words “that’s going in the hole!”

It went in and all we could do was laugh! Uncontrollably! Laughing so loud that an elderly member reported us to the committee where we had to explain ourselves (although our parents had already spoken to them, they just wanted to hear for themselves in our words how it happened!)

One of my mates is now a pro in Texas whilst me and my mate who got the ace are still in EK, Scotland.

I’ve witnessed another few hole in ones, once with a playing partner and a couple of times whilst stood on the tee.

I played with an old man once that claimed to have 10. On the par 3’s he hits rolling line drives. He came close a couple times in our round. As a low handicap, we tend to come in high. Not sure about the science behind it, but the old man may be on to something.

Btw, I’ve only had 1 in 35 years

After reading the first part our your post I my eyes were welling up for two reasons, your luck and secondly my hope for my own HIO was greatly diminished.

When I completed reading the second I nearly pi$$ed myself reading the story and realized

Playing since I was 17 and I am now 51. I have never witnessed a HIO but I have had a ball come up 1 inch short of one. Probably the closest I'll ever come.

Whether it would be my playing partners or myself It would be awesome to see.
Lets get out and do some golfing!!!!

Back