Is now the time to travel domestically? Or are you worried about COVID-19?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Just looking at some domestic flights and prices are STUPID cheap right now. Flights to places that would normally be $400+ are $120-160 round trip which is unheard of especially during Michigan's spring break week. Would you travel domestically right now or in wait and see mode?

I'm not overly worried. It's already hitting in my area, which isn't surprising.

I mean you just spent a week on a cruise and you are ok. So I draw my inspiration from you.

I actually had international plans with my wife, sister and her spouse to Paris March 22-April 1 and had to cancel. Main reason was my sister is currently sick (not with Covid-19) but the airline was asking about being sick within 2 weeks of travel. Then brother-in-laws company stated if he traveled outside his company's zone (intermountain west) for whatever reason, when he got back he would have a mandatory 2 week "personal quarantine" that would be have to be PTO and use his personal hours. So he couldn't take 10 days for a vacation then take a mandatory 2 week vacation after returning! Talk about over react. So we just canceled......:rolleyes:

I will be traveling domestically as long as I am allowed next weekend, as I'm not personally worried and not in contact with the elderly, and even if I get it I am a-ok with self quarantining. So far from what I have seen it's not really affecting kids much at all unless I missed it, which is kinda nuts but nice.

My wife, and I are in that high vulnerability age group. So, because of that, we have no plans to travel very far from home.

Maybe take the RV out for few days in the country, but that's about it.

Vegas! Vegas! I’m thinking of taking advantage of some airline credit for a trip to the aforementioned Sin City or possibly to see some great golf or an MLS game somewhere exciting.

A friend of mine posted a pic from SFO and it was largely empty... So yes. Travel.

I am traveling Friday-Friday. We are driving right now but I did find tickets pretty cheap if we drive to Chicago to fly to myrtle beach for 377 for 4 people plus all the add ons spirit has, but that’s 4.5 hours away plus parking and rental car still adds up to making driving still worth it for us. We will be cautious but not letting the virus dictate our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're flying to Florida on Sunday, going to Disney studios Tuesday and generally enjoying ourselves, so no, our plans haven't changed.

I’m supposed to be going to Florida this weekend and as of now I still plan on going. We’ll see what develops over the next two days.

....brother-in-laws company stated if he traveled outside his company's zone (intermountain west) for whatever reason, when he got back he would have a mandatory 2 week "personal quarantine" that would be have to be PTO and use his personal hours.
That doesn't even sound legal. I'd be interested to see what a good lawyer could do with that.

We are travelling (as of now) to Tampa and Venice next week. Was able to rebook my southwest travel with fewer points. Even had a lower fare open up for the nonstop back.

Was looking at business travel to LA in a couple weeks. Under 200 rt on basic economy. But we are booking refundable fares in case decisions are taken out of our hands.

3 Flights in the next two months. Domestic and International. I'm going to give it a go unless they cancel the flights

I was supposed to go to Italy May 16. We are now canceling everything. Just wait and see since the last trip during Thanksgiving we both got the flu and mine turned into pneumonia.

We are travelling (as of now) to Tampa and Venice next week. Was able to rebook my southwest travel with fewer points. Even had a lower fare open up for the nonstop back.

Was looking at business travel to LA in a couple weeks. Under 200 rt on basic economy. But we are booking refundable fares in case decisions are taken out of our hands.
Hope you mean Venice, FL haha

I just got back from a long weekend in North Carolina, from what I've seen I have nothing to fear from this virus unless something changes, though my mom is in the danger age range and I would hate to bring anything back and see her get it when I visit with her. I guess that means I'm going to be a little careful but if I had time I would definitely take advantage of cheaper rates.

We're flying out next Wed. to spend 2 days at Disneyland.

That doesn't even sound legal. I'd be interested to see what a good lawyer could do with that.
Lol. Interesting to say the least, but does work for a healthcare company :unsure:

I travel domestically weekly for work. Honestly not concerned & will not impact my travel over the next few months, unless work deems we are not allowed to travel.

We actually just modified our flights to Orlando in May & got money back. So if any of you have purchased tickets already...start contacting those airlines & get some travel credit.

We have a trip to Orlando scheduled for the end of May. Right now, we still plan on going.

I’m all about the travel right now. Book it while it’s low. My family and I don’t have any underlying health concerns and from everything I’ve read it’s not lethal so let’s get some airline miles in while the planes are half full! Booked a trip to Vegas at the end of this month, 13/16 seats in first class open, 5 seats booked in economy plus, that’s gonna be one empty flight

I am looking to book flights for a small vacation to Florida in August, hoping prices will go down a bunch more soon.

Something is going to get you sooner or later. It’s not scaring me. I just wish I had the time to travel more.

Back