Is now the time to travel domestically? Or are you worried about COVID-19?

my wife is a pharmacist. she is supposed to go to Disney this weekend with my kids, and stay in a hotel with another mom and her kids. I asked her if she was still going to go, and she said yes. She said she is not concerned. she is the doctor in my house, so I defer to her judgment. although she did say "yes" and married me, so her judgment is questionable.
Man, Disney would be a rough choice.

Put me in the minority i guess...couldn't pay me to get on a domestic flight right now. I'd prefer the virus come to me vs going to find it!

Sadly, I do need to travel to CA this weekend and I'll be driving. Probably overreacting but oh well. 75% chance I would have driven, even if the world was normal.

You are not "in the minority" because USA domestic airline travel is currently down 75% from one year ago.

it seemed really iffy to me. but she was quick to dismiss the question.
Well luckily kids wise they seem to be pretty safe from it, at least from what we know.

WTF - I can't see that being legit, what does he do for a living?

Wouldn't just go with your wife?
I've been there before, I was going with my Sister and Brother in law because they wanted to go. But because I kind of know my way around I was kind of the tour guide. We'll just wait until they can go with us. No biggie.

I’m a bit confused by the sentiment of “this disease won’t kill me so I don’t have to worry about”. While I probably shouldn’t be surprised by it in today’s more selfish culture, there are groups of people who are susceptible to serious/deadly results from this disease and we should all be taking precautions to do our best at limiting the spread of this disease.

I’m a bit confused by the sentiment of “this disease won’t kill me so I don’t have to worry about”. While I probably shouldn’t be surprised by it in today’s more selfish culture, there are groups of people who are susceptible to serious/deadly results from this disease and we should all be taking precautions to do our best at limiting the spread of this disease.
I'm honestly blown away by most of the responses in this thread. It's essentially turned into "how I'm going to go out of my way to spread the virus".

I'm honestly blown away by most of the responses in this thread. It's essentially turned into "how I'm going to go out of my way to spread the virus".

I guess we could all be hermits & never leave our shells. I mean no work would get done, nothing would get made/built, food would not be grown, etc.... Those are great things for society.
Now, should we be careful & pay closer attention to what our bodies tell us? Definitely. Should we be mindful of those around us? Yup. Should we make every decision based simply on fear, social media “influencers” pressure us into & what we’re told by click happy mainstream media? I think not. Good old common sense should make a comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we could all be hermits & never leave our shells. I mean no work would get done, nothing would get made/built, food would not be grown, etc.... Those are great things for society.
Now, should we be careful & pay closer attention to what our bodies tell us? Definitely. Should we be mindful of those around us? Yup. Should we make every decision based simply on fear, social media “influencers” pressure us into & what we’re told by click happy mainstream media? I think not. Good old common sense should make a comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tend to agree with this. I mean are we all supposed to stay inside and not live our lives? I don't know what to do, yesterday I was all on board and today with all the closings and sports suspending games I'm not sure anymore.

I listen to my wife. When the physician is concerned, I’m concerned. She’s mid level concerned now, mainly about how the infrastructure can’t handle all this.

If my wife wasn’t in a high risk group (Autoimmune Disease- Lupus), we would be all over taking a trip...

My wife has lupus as well.

I mean are we all supposed to stay inside and not live our lives?

I think those are two separate things. I almost think that if we're aggressive in the short term with reducing ways it can spread, then we can get back to our normal lives quicker. If everyone continues living their lives as normal, then this will drag on for months.

I'm not suggesting we shut everything down and sit at home for 3 weeks, but a distinct, intentional change in how we do "normal" for a short time, and maybe our summer will be closer to normal.

My wife has lupus as well.

I think those are two separate things. I almost think that if we're aggressive in the short term with reducing ways it can spread, then we can get back to our normal lives quicker. If everyone continues living their lives as normal, then this will drag on for months.

I'm not suggesting we shut everything down and sit at home for 3 weeks, but a distinct, intentional change in how we do "normal" for a short time, and maybe our summer will be closer to normal.
What is your company saying? I know people aren't flying as much I've heard stories on the radio of flights only having 10 people on board.

What is your company saying? I know people aren't flying as much I've heard stories on the radio of flights only having 10 people on board.

Bookings are down system wide. You've probably seen sales being posted in the last few days. While I haven't heard specifically, I fully expect some reductions in the flight schedule to occur before too long, assuming bookings continue to fall. We had nurses taking our temps as we entered our Ops Ctr this morning. They've also cut off all visits to our remote ops center, just to insure it remains a sterile facility in case we need to relocate in the near term. Should be interesting.

Bookings are down system wide. You've probably seen sales being posted in the last few days. While I haven't heard specifically, I fully expect some reductions in the flight schedule to occur before too long, assuming bookings continue to fall. We had nurses taking our temps as we entered our Ops Ctr this morning. They've also cut off all visits to our remote ops center, just to insure it remains a sterile facility in case we need to relocate in the near term. Should be interesting.
Yeah have seen prices like I've never seen before and its tempting which is why I started this thread in the first place. I wonder if airlines will start doing something like that, take your temp, etc before boarding?

Hmmm, my seasonal allergies are doing their usual spring things, but, maybe since i just came back from California, I should isolate myself to the driving range and golf course for 3 weeks! 😜🤔😎

I'm still planning on my trip to Florida the first of April. At this point I'm less afraid of this than I am the regular flu.

My family and I have a trip to San Francisco in a month. Taking my kids for the first time, to celebrate my wife's birthday and my daughter's birthday. Right now, we are still planning on going, but things change so fast, who knows what it will look like in one week, let alone 4.

Back