Is Patrick Reed that unlikable?

MetroCat

Reaction score
I've read about the cheating issues but I also read that in college apparently he was such a douche that his teammates got together to vote whether or not to vote him off the team. He has insisted his estranged parents not attend any tournaments he plays in. Why are they estranged? Apparently his parents questioned his decision to get married so young? Maybe they said something about his wife? He also doesn't socialize with other payers on the tour, several players have been quoted saying to the effect that he's not that bad a guy but I would guess that is just them having the class to not talk **** about another player when questioned by the press.

Anyone here have knowledge on him being deserving of the bad press?

Last edited:
No personal knowledge here, but from what I’ve read and seen of him I’d say the answer is yes - and he couldn’t care less what people think of him either way.

He probably is but he is the villain we all need in sports. We need a real life Shooter in golf. I wish he wore all black every round. He's fun to dislike and root against.

I don't know him. I don't like him. I don't know why. Body language? vibes? "No importante".

I’m a deek.

He’s an asshat.

I’d punch him before I punched myself.

He probably is but he is the villain we all need in sports. We need a real life Shooter in golf. I wish he wore all black every round. He's fun to dislike and root against.
Kinda off topic, but I gotta say - it sure seems like Koepka is trying to take over that villain role. I’ve been a fan in the past, but he seems to have gotten increasingly douchey and confrontational lately.

At least Reed just keeps his mouth shut and lets people think what they want to think a lot of the time, Koepka seems to be going out of his way to trash talk and act like an ass, then whine about it when he gets called on it.

I've read different things about Reed, but the vast majority aren't good. His demeanor to me is that of someone who is entitled and arrogant. He seems like the kind of guy who always tries to One-Up the other guy who's getting attention while telling a story at a party.
Kinda off topic, but I gotta say - it sure seems like Koepka is trying to take over that villain role. I’ve been a fan in the past, but he seems to have gotten increasingly douchey and confrontational lately.

At least Reed just keeps his mouth shut and lets people think what they want to think a lot of the time, Koepka seems to be going out of his way to trash talk and act like an ass, then whine about it when he gets called on it.

Brooks likes to talk ****. And, when he can't back it up, he's pretty self-admitted. Brooks honestly bugs me because of the fact that he's so talented, but he only cares about preparing for the majors, and he's often a bit of a dick in interviews with the media.

If Phil can be FIGJAM, Brooks should be IDGAF.

No, he's more unlikeable. I have always disliked him but the cheating, and more importantly his reaction to it, made it even worse. I can't stand the guy and the way he carries himself.

I've read different things about Reed, but the vast majority aren't good. His demeanor to me is that of someone who is entitled and arrogant. He seems like the kind of guy who always tries to One-Up the other guy who's getting attention while telling a story at a party.

Brooks likes to talk ****. And, when he can't back it up, he's pretty self-admitted. Brooks honestly bugs me because of the fact that he's so talented, but he only cares about preparing for the majors, and he's often a bit of a dick in interviews with the media.

If Phil can be FIGJAM, Brooks should be IDGAF.
Entitled and arrogant is the best way to describe his demeanor.

What is there to like about Mr. Shovel ?

I’d say he’s hot garbage but that would be offensive to hot garbage. im only a fan during the Ryder Cup

Not to me he's not...not trying to go against the grain but I find Sergio more unlikeable than he is.

He can certainly come off as unlikeable. He strikes me as someone with a huge chip on his shoulder and someone who can’t relate to the “norm”. Feels like he has never fit in with the “in” crowd and this is how he handles it...with a flamethrower, scorched earth approach.

I find it difficult to root for either Patrick or Brooks. There is no reason for anybody not to be gracious in such circumstances.

There has to be someone who gets hated, he just brings a lot of it on himself. Kinda of like Sergio, can't stand him at all, but you want to cheer for him when he won the Masters.

Lotsa' smoke with Patrick and some fire.

When Spieth looks for another partner after RC success with Patrick, something is wrong.

He seems unlike able to me but he also obviously cheated which makes me dislike him more.

I actually don’t have a problem with him. He has swagger!!!

Back