Is Patrick Reed that unlikable?

That dude is talented but he is being controlled by his wife.

Reed is an interesting character. Tour players are a selfish lot, it is the nature of the game - you against the field. Reed seems to take it to the extreme where it becomes offencive to other players. A mate was paired with Reed and Angelo Que in an Asian tour event several years ago. Reed never acknowledged their presence once throughout the round. They were made to feel inferior to the brilliant Patrick Reed. Cam and Angelo kicked his arse in the process of giving him a golfing lesson. They both tied fifth while Reed finished well down in the field.

Yeah he deserves some bad press. The guy has game and seems to thrive when the heat is hot. I’m a fan. Doubt I’d hang out with him though.

Short answer is yes

Reed is an absolute enigma. I don't really root for him, because he pretty obviously views the rules as flexible. But I have to admit I really enjoy watching Patrick play.
I think he's a tough-minded SOB, and that fascinates me. He really doesn't seem to care WTF you think about him, and I'll take that over a self-promoting poser like Koepka.

I think Reed is good for the game. JMHO, of course.

Apparently, Patrick is that unlikeable.

We all need a villain. He's good at it.

Other than his cheating issues not sure why he is so hated. That being said, i love having him on Team USA for the Ryder Cup. I wish we could clone him and have like 6 'Captain America's' on Team USA. Reed 'gets it' when it comes to competing against the Euros; a player like Reed is what the USA was lacking when we let the Euros kick our arse 5 out of 6 times from 2002 - 2012. :devilish:

Brooks is trending towards spieth like irrelevance. He can be a jerk all he wants not making cuts at low tier events

So many on tour are like stamped robots...Reed ya gotta notice. The first rule of marketing....Be loved or be hated....stay away from apathy. Why do you care about Reed? Why is there a specific thread for Reed?

He has to love playing with no crowds so no “cheater” cat calls.

Why do you care about Reed? Why is there a specific thread for Reed?
I was watching him on TV today and like always, sitting there with my laptop infront of me I started researching him a bit deeper on why he has a bad rap. Then I figured this may be a good topic for discussion here.

Good enough?

I was watching him on TV today and like always, sitting there with my laptop infront of me I started researching him a bit deeper on why he has a bad rap. Then I figured this may be a good topic for discussion here.

Good enough?
There is a Patrick Reed thread.....

Yes he’s unlikeable. Not just because of the cheating, but also for being a jerk.

Haven't really liked him since I first saw him wearing a shark-tooth choker necklace, like he's some 17-year-old Aussie surfer.

Not a massive fan but as a European I think he’s great for the US Ryder cup team, loved the shhhh at Gleneagles 😂😂😂

He's won every year and multiples some years except one since '13.
Certainly the talent is there.

Sometimes personal lives lead us to an emotional state where it gets hard to relate to people. I hate to judge just from things like that and can relate on many levels. You might act out when you really need a hand in life, and things just start to crumble. Everything people do and say starts to feel antagonistic. Imagine if you're in the media spotlight. That role isn't for everyone just because you're a kick ass golfer. Still human.
He gets a pass from me. The media is evil. I don't know the guy. Bet he'd be cool to play a round with. Just have a feeling.

Edit: He's the new Rory Sabatini with more talent, essentially. Same noise about his wife and whatnot years ago.

When a person thinks everyone else is the problem, they are the problem. One of the biggest A Holes to ever play professional golf. And there have been A LOT of them on tour over the years but he is something special in this regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing how people judge others without ever having contact with the person. When I was making the clubs for the Pros years ago and got to know tham I found some of worst reputations to be some of the nicest and popular ones to be real Aholes. But I am sure Reed is not the best and does not care which I heard from those in the know. But, we all are different.

I don't think he cares if people like him. I think he is motivated by it. He thrives on being the villain.

In a word... yes.

Back