Is Patrick Reed that unlikable?

I'm not fond of him. It's not like I'll ever be invited to dinner with him so I don't have to worry about it.:ROFLMAO:

He wore a choker necklace so yes.

some say they had to tie a pork chop around his neck as a kid to get the puppies to play with him

I guess I would rather have the guy just be a putz and own it then be a fake putz and play the "I am the nice guy deal" like Phil or Jordan S. But of course never having met any of them who knows maybe they are all stellar folks. Reed might just not give a flying goat turd and is making coin off it.

The person I would really like to sit and have a beer with is John Daly, he seems like a pretty straight up guy that is his own worst enemy, which I can relate too. I know he is hated here due to some past thing or slight but we all have a past and well he might just sell me a T shirt or something.

I guess I would rather have the guy just be a putz and own it then be a fake putz and play the "I am the nice guy deal" like Phil or Jordan S. But of course never having met any of them who knows maybe they are all stellar folks. Reed might just not give a flying goat turd and is making coin off it.
So you've heard Jordan Speith is not really a nice guy?

So you've heard Jordan Speith is not really a nice guy?
The real question is why do you care? of course he might be the second coming, but we will never know and with the poor guys game in the sh***er I should not throw crap at him. Just throwing stuff against the wall, not important at all just posting for the fun of it.

Why do you care that I care? You're the one that made that statement, I'm asking you to back it up.

He’s (JS) consistently voted by his peers in the top 3 of nicest guys on tour. I would think that other players would know fake when they saw it. He can’t back it up.

He’s (JS) consistently voted by his peers in the top 3 of nicest guys on tour. I would think that other players would know fake when they saw it. He can’t back it up.

Yeah I've heard he's a really nice guy, I did a little research after reading a thread on his woes in recent years.

Yeah I've heard he's a really nice guy, I did a little research after reading a thread on his woes in recent years.

The fact that he tried to throw some Spieth shade into a Reed thread is about all you need to know w/ that logic.

I like his Ryder Cup play and showing up for the Olympics.

Nope can't back it up

It must feel strange being out there on the range warming up knowing 75% of the guys out there don't want anything to do with you?

It must feel strange being out there on the range warming up knowing 75% of the guys out there don't want anything to do with you?

I’d venture to guess that 75% is too low and could be >90%. Not of love here and don’t remember fellow players lining up for PR when he wins other that iron Bryson (another social outcast).

For whatever reason since coming onto the tour, Reed has just rubbed me the wrong way, his demeanour, quotes, cockiness, cheating, personal life, scandals...yada, yada, yada. Just a total DB.

He comes across as a douche bag and I can’t stand watching him. I accept we are all different and if we weren’t the world would be boring.

As his mythical agent, the first thing I'd do is make sure he wears pants that fit. Patrick has won millions on tour and it looks like he's carrying a load of :poop: his pants.

I cheer every missed shot or putt by him and hate to see him on the leaderboard, and especially on our Ryder Cup teams.

I won't deny the talent but I actively root for his failure.

I saw this today wondered how'd we feel about him if social media didn't exist. He comes across badly but so did Hogan. I don't usually give the guy a second thought. But I think he probably has some redeeming quality.

I like him because people hate him without knowing him or giving him a real, fair shake in life.
Who cares what others think at that point? And it just might reflect in how you interact with others. You get enough of it, and suddenly you're living life with a whole lotta "DGAF" attitude. :unsure:

You know you and be true to who YOU are in this life. Who cares beyond that?
The great ones almost ALWAYS have a chip on their shoulder. He's better than most out there.

I dont have any personal knowledge but if you look at his past behavior, he's young, brash and was a little arrogant after the Ryder Cup a few years ago. Every story needs a villian though and with Ian Poulter's career kind of in the toilet, I guess Reed is next man up. 🤷‍♂️
I do kind of feel like people are a bit hard on him sometimes and are always looking for a new reason to dislike him but he certainly doesnt seem to do himself any favors either.

I don't dislike him. Heck, I don't even know him.

Same here. I’ve read some crap about him, but I don’t believe everything I read. It ain’t just the golf ball that gets spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back