Is Patrick Reed that unlikable?

I root for Reed before I root for Jordan.............I find Jordan to be boring, Reed is a polarizing.

What is there to like about Mr. Shovel ?

He might have the most under-appreciated swing on tour. Smooth and consistent. Seems to spiral mentally when it goes bad, but the swing is one of the best.

He is super unlikeable. He's a cheater, talks like an idiot, hates his parents and is a blight on the PGA tour. Bryson should beat him up.

He's the trump of golfers.

The guy has the type of balls you need to play in the Ryder Cup. You don't find that too much with USA players.

The guy has the type of balls you need to play in the Ryder Cup. You don't find that too much with USA players.
Yeah, he can try to cheat in the Ryder too. He's a loser.

I don't think he is as much as he's made out to be....

we have a great ability of not wanting people to judge us or condemn us for past faults and expect to be forgiven but then turn around and do the same to others...unless we truly know Patrick Reed I don't think it's fair to hold a position of hatred for the guy on what "They Say" about him....the only issue we can validate about not liking him is the issue at hand with the sandtrap situation imho or just your personal feelings toward the guy is fine too. But far to often we hate a guy for what others say about him

The guy is indifferent to me. I don't care for him, but I certainly don't dislike him like so many do.

He's a fun golfer to watch I'll say that.

We probably know more about the guy than we need to. Hogan was aloof but wasn't subject to the hate Reed is. If we saw Jordan Speith for the first time now based on how insecure he seems with his game would we like him as much as we did back in 2015. Alot of people didn't like Phil. They said he gambled too much. Is that really any of our business. Funny, nobody seems to condemn Tiger anymore. We pick and choose those we give grace to.

I don't hate Reed, he's a cheat and it's fun to watch him cheat and other players don't call him out.

Look people don't like Reed because he cheats and is fat. People don't like Phil because he's a lefty and thinks he's good. What about Tiger? People don't like him because he has no morals and is a cheater. Me, I like everyone and like the fact that the lying cheaters make the game more exciting. I say let them all cheat and see if there's any fights on the course.

I've previously voiced my opinion (YES) but did want to share a fun moment from this weekend. The wife shares my opinion on Reed and were fortunate to turn on the Saturday US open in time for his back nine. We had a very fun moment on #11 when he had a tough first putt for par. As he lined up the wife and I started chanting "boooogggyy, Booooogggyy, Boooggyy" as the putt slide 5' past we excitedly yelled "Boggy!" We immediately started the "Double Booggy, Double Booggy, Double Booggy" chant. As that putt slid paste we stood up and cheered for the Double Boggy. We started the Tipple Bog chant but we're unsuccessful in brining the golf gods to exact justice on him again.

All that to be said I think Reed is good for the game by getting people excited to root against someone. Can anyone remember being excited to cheer against someone? I know the PGA doesn't want it's players shown in a bad light and tries very hard to protect them, but I almost feel like they should lean into this. Reed has the game to be back it up (great player) why not make him the bad guy/boy of golf. The drama and tension will build excitement every week he is contention. You can't have hero's unless you have bad guys. Think about the tension as golden boy JT backs down the Darth Vader of golf on a Sunday, plus it would give Faldo something to talk about besides how he doesn't understand Graphite shafts, or OL wedges.

Back