Is Rickie Fowler Still The Face Of Cobra/Puma?

DC-colonial-2020-photo-essay-friday-phil-mickelson-sunglasses.jpg

Bro. It's sunny out. At least he has sleeves now.

The Players Champion circa 2015. Not too long ago. But same for Kaymer, what happened to him.
Man not sure what happened to Rickie...but Bryson is now the face of the brand.

Rickie is still the mover for Cobra/Puma. I do think he has tone down his style and moving toward a more traditional look.

Rickie is the face of Puma no question. For Cobra though? Rickie isn’t performing on the course as of late and still no majors. I think if he doesn’t already Bryson probably sells more equipment at this point.

Rickie is still for Puma. Bryson probably is more influential regarding moving more Cobra equipment.

Ricky is heavily cross-branded in multiple ads by multiple brands. Everyone is all in on Ricky for now. Lotta commercials filmed.
I think that is the kind of thing that tanks their games and takes up a lot of their time. I like Brooksy as a free lancer so to speak. Less travel and glamour shots and he shows up to win majors. But I think he comes from wealth? Not sure about Ricky, but he's set for life at least.

Ricky is Brad Pitt with a sand wedge.Bryson isn’t close in a game of marketing 101. Still Bryson could lean out by drinking ten less shakes a day. Lose the hat and smile a bit..... no Ricky has it. Whatever the hell it is

I think Bryson is the face of Cobra Golf. I think Rickie is and always will be the face of Puma apparel. I don't think just because they are one company that someone has to be the face of both.

Rickie has a joie de vivre that is hard to match. Plus the younger kids love his style, not Brysons game day cap.

Rickie’s wife is also a total smoke show and he’s got moves

Fowler is way, WAY more marketable and is more established as a face of the brand.

Bryson is good on mentioning his sponsors, but he really is his own brand. Makes sure you get the sponsor placements correct and know his accomplishments. Interesting that he doesn't drink. He's always going to be polarizing, but that's good from a marketing standpoint. There's a "move the needle" feeling.

View attachment BrysonBrand.mov

I think it's fair to say that it can be agreed upon that Bryson moves the equipment side of things, but it's clear Fowler identifies far more with far more people on the clothing side....not that theres anything wrong w/Bryson's clothing but maybe the hat, I just think for whatever reason Rickie is received better in more ways then he is.....I think all this talk about how he thinks with numbers and the way around courses etc and his style of Golf kinda throws people off a bit for lack of understanding it completely, just my opinion though

Rickie for sure is more marketable as the face of a brand.

Good looking
Nice Guy
Approachable
Level Headed
Beautiful Swing That Others Can Emulate

Certainly winning helps, but there are a lot of influencers out there that haven't won squat that move a ton of merch.

Im curious, what guy on tour would you say isn't?

I'm not sure I'd say anyone "isn't" per se, but earlier in the year Bryson showed that he's conscious of sponsors even during a tournament. Bryson is better at it because he's an enigma. He's "in tune" to it.

Plus Bryson and his partners are more interesting than most. No one is going to dig and ask Justin Rose WHY he chose Team Morgan Stanley over Team Merrill Lynch.

Rickie for sure is more marketable as the face of a brand.

Beautiful Swing That Others Can Emulate

If you can emulate Rickie Fowler's swing, I will give you a dollar, personally delivered by @Canadan.

If you can emulate Rickie Fowler's swing, I will give you a dollar, personally delivered by @Canadan.

Given the 2 swings we're discussing here are Bryson's & Rickies's I'd rather emulate Rickies. Let's face it, Rickie will have that same swing until he retires from the Champions Tour, Bryson is gonna get injured with his current swing, it's just a matter of time.

Bryson has become the face of CPG and it wasn’t just from this win.

Maybe more Puma now than before but has been the face of Cobra for a while.

Given the 2 swings we're discussing here are Bryson's & Rickies's I'd rather emulate Rickies. Let's face it, Rickie will have that same swing until he retires from the Champions Tour, Bryson is gonna get injured with his current swing, it's just a matter of time.

Right now, I'd rather emulate any swing but my own!

Bryson also said in the press conference that he's monitoring his health. He thinks he can get to 245 lbs. but it won't be easy. Hard to gain so much weight in a short period of time. He's going to try to get there for this year's Masters! He's 6'1", 230-235lbs right now!

Last edited:
I really don't think Bryson is the most marketable athlete on the planet. Rickie brings a flair and look that catches people's attention. Bryson still has a lot of maturing to do.

I really don't think Bryson is the most marketable athlete on the planet. Rickie brings a flair and look that catches people's attention. Bryson still has a lot of maturing to do.

Out of curiosity, let's say you remove Tiger and Phil from the discussion, who is more marketable right now?

When you talk about marketability, charisma will always beat skill if on the level of apples comparison. The real magic happens when you have both jammed into one person. Right now, unfortunately, Cobra/Puma doesn't have that yet.

Out of curiosity, let's say you remove Tiger and Phil from the discussion, who is more marketable right now?
Out of anybody? I'd say the most marketable is Justin Thomas: personable, heck of a talent, and will always be there on the weekend.

Out of anybody? I'd say the most marketable is Justin Thomas: personable, heck of a talent, and will always be there on the weekend.

After all, he's the face of 2K21.

Back