Is the opening of the new season interesting

Sturgeon22

Reaction score
Handicap
I found this piece on Golf Digest and could not agree more. Even without the big names, the last four tournaments proven to be very exciting and presented real talents, tragedies and superb comebacks.
An opening into the season without the very big names can still be very entertaining and host superb golf, i.e Chappel‘s 58 or Griffin‘s finish.

While true, the wrap around season just seems so forced to me.

In contrast, European Tour gets to it’s peak with the Race to Dubai looming...

It's hard for me to watch tournaments where I don't know anyone they are showing. I will be watching the CJ Cup this weekend.

I’ll watch it to see how the new crop of talent is performing and to learn some names but I’m not crazy about the early season stuff

I really wish they would have a decent layoff once the season is over. Right now there's no time to build up excitement and anticipation for the next season.

Once the FedEx is over, I really don't even pay attention to it at all until the next calendar year.

Honestly I don’t watch any golf until the Master’s and even after that it’s just the majors. That’s not a knock on golf, I just don’t watch much TV other than NFL football during the season.

Last edited:
It is definitely not must watch TV. I will look at the tournament’s during NFL commercial breaks but I am not glued to it.

While true, the wrap around season just seems so forced to me.
This is my take as well.

Something is just, awkward, about it.

Not a fan of the wrap around schedule.

I follow who wins the fall tournaments and check the leaderboards and the WITB

Don’t watch any of it though

This is my take as well.

...perhaps I am somewhat sentimental. But I really liked Kevin Na's amazing putting and Griffin in Houston was also excellent.

Anyhow, I thought it was worthwile sharing the piece from Gold Digest.

Best,
Henning

...perhaps I am somewhat sentimental. But I really liked Kevin Na's amazing putting and Griffin in Houston was also excellent.

Anyhow, I thought it was worthwile sharing the piece from Gold Digest.

Best,
Henning
Of course it’s worth sharing! Conversation and differing opinions are good!

Just for the record....the big names never showed up on tour at the same time....That's why the World Golf Championships were invented....So more big names would compete at these events.

I enjoy it, but then again I'll watch golf year round when I can. The fact that it's a new season isn't relevant or not to my enjoyment, but it is kind of forced in general.

This is my take as well.

It’s kind of like hyping preseason football games.

Back