Is there a club you'd hoard?

TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a lot lately and today was a reminder from James thread on raw wedges.
My thought is there's a discontinued wedge model that I really like, it's a raw model that will rust and over time the face will wear and I'm thinking long term what would I do? The wedges are from 2006 Cleveland dynamic sole grind and no company has made one similar and the specific company has not made another in the last ten years. Does that say something like they weren't any good? I don't know but I love them. The sole and grind is shaped differently than any recent model imo. Is this even a thing? Someone would hoard some old wedges for this reason? I should just make this a poll on am I crazy and dumb...

Wedges... I have LOTS of wedges...

as all lefties now, we suffer from sever lack of availability, especially when it comes to "Player's" type clubs. The Clubs I would hoard and im actually thinking about buying a backup, is the MP-20 SEL. There are no other current mizuno blades available for us lefties and it will probably be another 5-7 years til they release another blade set for lefties.

I like wedges as well. I usually have extras with different lofts and grinds for different courses I normally go to or conditions I play in.

based on a recent garage cleanup... I have wedges and drivers galore...

I have 'hoarded' Ping TISI Tec woods for a couple of years! I have three 3 woods, a five and a seven!

I don't think I could hoard a particular club since I like to tinker and there are just so many other clubs i'd love to try.

I’m not sure... but maybe putters. I can see that attraction and how different designs would still be just as usable.

I just hit some shots with Scratch wedges at lunch (thanks to this thread)... I want some fresshies of these.... nice weight and face.

I'd hoard a nice set of original Ping Eye 2 irons. Have loved those since the first time I saw them.

Not really. Clubs are merely tools, not treasures.

With wedges I can see your thought process being that they seem to wear faster. To me it's not a bad idea if can afford it, but what happens after your stock pile is gone?

Back