Is there a piece of golf apparel that you had to have?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am sitting on the couch and watching PGA Tour classics on CBS Sports from 1998. Tom Watson won wearing a Polo golf shirt that had Polo stitched in the collar. I was a big DLIII fan because my dad bought me the player signature Titleist wedge and he also wore Polo back then. I really wanted one of those polos!

I eventually got a Royal Blue(School Colors) Polo.
Do you remember a pair of shoes, shirt or pants that you had to have?

Yep. Still have my FJ Freetstyle shoes in the tree frog color combo. I saw them in a holiday gift list, and just had to have them. Still my favorite pair of shoes.

The only thing I can think of is the Scotty Cameron dog belt buckle, had it for awhile and my wife said it was a little to much, so I sold it...

I never got one but i used to always want a “Jumeirah” hat, the ones that Rory used to wear when he first started out on tour.

I never got one but i used to always want a “Jumeirah” hat, the ones that Rory used to wear when he first started out on tour.
I always those hats too!

gns8ac20-strahat.jpg

I haven't seen it in 20 yrs, but I don't think I'd wear again.

The hard to keep clean all white golf shoe. I swear though, magic erasers can only do so much.

91453B3E-F8CC-4078-A07C-2A2AC35386CC_1_105_c.jpeg
The Woodland shoes from the US Open

Nike Golf X2 sunglasses. The ones with the purple lenses. Still game them and love them actually.

The hard to keep clean all white golf shoe. I swear though, magic erasers can only do so much.
I have never tonight about using a magic eraser on my golf shoes. Smart! A fresh pair of all whites does make me smile.

Titleist Dobby Hat in green with yellow scripting - kind of a Masters thing

The first time I saw the black,white, and grey checkered braided belt Spieth wore I looked all over UA to find one. I think it took a year or two before they actually sold it, even reached out to the directly asking about it. Finally was able to order it, probably wearing it every other round still :)

When these red, white and blue Adidas Power Band 360 golf shoes came out I had to have them. It took a a while to get them and they weren't as comfortable as I hoped, but I still love them and will be wearing them tomorrow.
IMG_20200524_140734.jpg

Hmm. Only had-to-have item was a THP 1/4 zip blue puma pullover. In 2016 I was just starting to golf, new to THP, and went to Colorado to play with some THPers. The weather turned cooler and a couple of them pulled out slick THP 1/4 zips. I remember thinking I needed one of those. Soon thereafter THP put them up for sale. I bought two with some THP tees. Gave one to my dad and kept the other. Now that he is gone, I have an additional one. Still wear that 1/4 zip regularly.

Overall I don't tend to worry much about what I wear and ponders for golf-specific apparel are rare for me. I keep a good selection of stylish outdoor wear that I use for work, hiking, playing, and golfing. I do my thing. I think I look pretty good. ;)

gns8ac20-strahat.jpg

I haven't seen it in 20 yrs, but I don't think I'd wear again.
I've got a similar hat in my car... it's not a Greg Norman one... I'll wear it. I'm not proud. It can't be too windy though. I don't want to chase it across the course.

Yes and it just came today. It’s so damn nice, I’m not sure if I will wear it. 😂
4926A98C-6668-4B5D-9BCD-F50098BAAF0E.jpeg

Wish I was able to get the limited N1AP shoes but just couldn’t afford it in the spring. And of course match it with the jet.

Attachments

• 76940F38-4ECB-4244-B9EB-FD58D491B9A1.jpeg
    76940F38-4ECB-4244-B9EB-FD58D491B9A1.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 03D83B91-EF75-4CB4-AD87-54834ED4C15C.jpeg
    03D83B91-EF75-4CB4-AD87-54834ED4C15C.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9
I found these for an insanely affordable price....

70649_h.jpg

My 5 Ben Hogan Golf hats. The only other thing I can recall is a Titleist hat with the Boston Red Sox logo on the side that I bought about 15 years ago. Still have it but the blue panels now look more like gray from the fading.

There was a Nike sweater that Rory wore during a couple cold weather rounds that I really liked, until I looked it up and saw the price!😱

Back