Is there a Stack or Speed Stick system for low ceilings

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I live in the Northeast where it is cold for the next 4 months. I have an old house with limited ceiling height including the garage. I gave up the gym for Covid and got some home workout stuff and am not sure about going back to the gym. I have speed sticks but nowhere with the ceiling height to swing them. I think I could swing a wedge in the garage but nothing any longer. Has anyone seen anything like SS or the Stack system on a shorter stick?

They have a kids version of the stack system which is shorter.

Have you looked at the Stack System by Sasho MacKenzie. I have heard it is very good but expensive. I think the cubs are hybrid length. They are also super easy to make if you are anything like me and have a bunch of clubs/shafts sitting around that you don't care about destroying. I am heading to home depot this week to pick up washers that will fit nicely on a golf shaft. All the training programs and weights are online.

Nevermind CC beat me to it.
How low is low? I think stack system will be ok on 8 foot ceilings but I wouldn't bet my life on it. If it is shorter you would really have to build your own or add weight to a kids version.

Nevermind CC beat me to it.
How low is low? I think stack system will be ok on 8 foot ceilings but I wouldn't bet my life on it. If it is shorter you would really have to build your own or add weight to a kids version.

The ceilings are 7'6". Old house very low.

Yeah that's a bit low. I have 8' ceilings in mine and I barely clear with my iron-length Orange Whip, and that's with choking down.

Yeah that's a bit low. I have 8' ceilings in mine and I barely clear with my iron-length Orange Whip, and that's with choking down.

I cut an old wedge down really short over the weekend to be able to swing it to get positions. I may have to just throw med balls and do rotational stuff to work on speed.

And I complain about the 8 foot ones in my condo. Not sure if there is anything on the market that would work. Chop up some wedge shafts and put weight on them I guess

Have you heard of Rypstick? Check them out online, I know they have multiple length speed training sticks. This might be an options for you? Just came out last year and have been making a huge splash with my tour pros.

Have you heard of Rypstick? Check them out online, I know they have multiple length speed training sticks. This might be an options for you? Just came out last year and have been making a huge splash with my tour pros.

I will have to see if I can swing 38" in my garage. While cold I could probably swing in there during the winter.

Back