Is This a Hole In One?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now a number of courses have raised cups. You get to the par 3 and hit a perfect shot. Lands right in front of the pin and comes to rest against that raised cup.

Is it a hole in one?

1.jpg

No way! It must go in!

nope thats why courses should go with the pool noodle route. Robbing people of an ace

Not in my opinion it isn’t. I need to see the ball disappear.

That's hard to say. My vote would be yes.

Oh man, that would infuriate me. If it rested up against it, I'd count it? I think I'd also cry because my friends would never stop giving me grief about it.

For the safety of others and my sanity, I vow to not try and make an ace until the cups are back under the putting surface.

Oh jeez, that would be just my luck. I could not, in good faith, count that as a hole in one.

no, it's not. if that happened to me, I might cry.

ughhh don't give me nightmares! My club has simply been putting the cups in upside down, which makes them very shallow but still below the surface.

I've seen enough lip out or bounce off the stick and not go in to not be able to accept it. Its rough, but its not a hole in one.

This is just cruel.

Begrudgingly I have to say no

No. Ball needs to disappear.

A shot that hits the pin and comes to rest hanging on the lip isn't a HIO so this isn't either.

No unfortunately 😢 I lost one to something similar years ago and it still hurts. Would hurt much worse if I didn't have another one. Still wish I had both though.

A shot that hits the pin and comes to rest hanging on the lip isn't a HIO so this isn't either.

But to me that is very different than this. That has the opportunity to go in, this does not and is just resting against what would be the hole.

Unfortunately no for hole in one, but under the current adaptations it should go down as a one on the scorecard. Not a hole in one, but an eagle (assuming it’s a par 3).

Another casualty (of very little consequence in the big picture) of this terrible situation.

Officially, no... and I'd be officially heartbroken about it too!

I would be more inclined to count this as opposed to a shot that hits the cup at a screaming pace and winds up 40 feet away. With local rules in effect that consider a ball that strikes the cup to be holed, I vote that it’s a 1 on the card. Maybe call it a “Cup in one” 🤔

As much as it sucks i would say no. I think the ball needs to drop in to count.

Just like so many others have said, nope, but tear worthy of what could have been. 😪😪😪

Interesting, I thought at least some were going to say yes. I think I only saw one at this point.

Back