barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, guy selling this Scotty for a crazy price and he's not sure if it's real as it was a gift from a family member. What do you guys think? I think the shift bands are wrong.

5a59aaf851791dc6f698fc6832998bbe.jpg
b386621e897fcb4e9a46d1d7de6e940b.jpg
ac4f2d07e763a1e26775c1a611a87e59.jpg
921c6268c12383238dd0522929dbeb7a.jpg
29e07d75acd2163c74517999147aa0e0.jpg
c3db3076b4155d0cce994402cdf19cfe.jpg
f2cf75bf18811ba7541cf4cd02706798.jpg
2b297808b439ccf3efec275163bfb3cd.jpg
1cc3c9125d4f2018843f40402340d67c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing jumps out at me from the pictures, but I'm not up on the Tour Rats. You should post pic's at TCC.

Shaft bands don't seem right to me (I have not seen them on similar Scotty's). I also don't like that the grip is still wrapped. Everything else seems to look correct from the photos. Looks like it has a serial number call it in to Scotty's.

If it was real...he could get good money for it. Does he know what he has?

I see nothing out of the ordinary

Nothing jumps out at me from the pictures, but I'm not up on the Tour Rats. You should post pic's at TCC.
This. That'd get it sorted out for you quickly, they're whizzes at ID'ing the fakes, and there are a LOT of them out there sadly.

Yeah I'll go and post on there to see what's said. Thanks

Is it on eBay? Usually if it's counterfeit that's where it will show up.

What is TCC? please googled it and got nothing

No need too, I was just curious as to what it was.

If it is too good to be true it probably is.

Does it come with a COA? The finish also doesn't quite look right, even the "SCOTTY CAMERON" on the heel/toe bumpers looks too large. Also I don't think those shaft bands are right, usually on a CT putter they don't have a retail length sticker. They usually don't even have any stickers to be honest.

There is no coa. I registered for the Scotty website but no authorisation yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does it come with a COA? The finish also doesn't quite look right, even the "SCOTTY CAMERON" on the heel/toe bumpers looks too large. Also I don't think those shaft bands are right, usually on a CT putter they don't have a retail length sticker. They usually don't even have any stickers to be honest.

This. These are the things that really stand out to me. As a Tour Rat, they usually come with custom stamping, not Scotty Cameron on the bumpers. And since it's not a normal retail putter, it shouldn't come with the retail shaft bands or stickers, and definitely not with plastic on the grip. I think that the Titleist script on the headcover is too big,

Just seems kinda sketchy. I'd let that one go, especially for the price he's asking.

As an avid Cameron collector and well respected member of TCC, the first thing I will point out is that the head cover is DEFINITELY a fake.

The putter is also fake. The bombs in the back cavity are concurrent with the Super Rat, not the Concept 2. RUN AWAY!

This is the first fake rat I've ever seen.... scary.

This. These are the things that really stand out to me. As a Tour Rat, they usually come with custom stamping - Tour Rats are all engraved. No custom stamping. not Scotty Cameron on the bumpers. Concept 2 models regularly have Scotty Cameron on the bumpers. And since it's not a normal retail putter, it shouldn't come with the retail shaft bands or stickers, and definitely not with plastic on the grip. I think that the Titleist script on the headcover is too big,

Just seems kinda sketchy. I'd let that one go, especially for the price he's asking.

See above

If there's one thing that seems to be consistent with Tour/Concept/Proto/custom Scotty putters, it's that you're never going to get an amazing deal on something that's genuine.

Their value is well known, and anyone who has one is going to price it accordingly.

As an avid Cameron collector and well respected member of TCC, the first thing I will point out is that the head cover is DEFINITELY a fake.

The putter is also fake. The bombs in the back cavity are concurrent with the Super Rat, not the Concept 2. RUN AWAY!

This is the first fake rat I've ever seen.... scary.

I would trust this man, he truly knows his stuff.

If there's one thing that seems to be consistent with Tour/Concept/Proto/custom Scotty putters, it's that you're never going to get an amazing deal on something that's genuine.

Their value is well known, and anyone who has one is going to price it accordingly.

As always, it if sounds too good to be true... Also, it's pretty unlikely someone is going to receive a $3000 putter as a gift and not know what it is.

In my experience, if the seller claims to "not know" whether it's real or fake, they are well aware it's a fake.

Quick note: I misspoke on the bombs in the cavity. They are are the correct style for the older model Concept 2

Hey guys, thanks for all the input and I trust all your knowledge and what you say is good enough for me. Thanks

I agree with pmm21. Its a fake

Back