Is this Ping G400 Max real?

ohthehumanity

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys,

I am hoping you can help me out? I am looking at buying a new driver and got fitted for the Ping G400 Max with the Tour shaft in a 9 degree head recently and I was looking at Craigslist and came upon the exact one I need. The guy seems legit as he texted me his Ping fitting from HQ and he sent me pics (below) but he doesn't have a receipt for it as he ordered it through a shop here in BC and he gave me the name of the shop and the guy he ordered it through. The price seems really good at $380 CDN and they retail new for $649 with the Tour shaft. He says I can pick it up next week because he has the shaft he got fitted for in it currently and he is waiting for his new G400 LSt to come in and that one has the Tour 65 stiff shaft in it and that is what he will give me.

I think its legit, but I wanted to know if any of would have any concerns going ahead with this?

Thanks in advance for the help....

Attachments

• ping 1.jpeg
    ping 1.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ping 2.jpeg
    ping 2.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ping 3.jpeg
    ping 3.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ping 4.jpeg
    ping 4.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
The fact that he offered you a reference tells me he's likely legit. The driver "looks" authentic in the pics and it doesn't look like it's been abused. For what it's worth, I'd strongly considering going for it since it's exactly what you were seeking.

It looks legitimate to me, but I'm not expert either. He should be able to give you the serial number and you could call Ping to potentially verify some/all of what he's telling you. I'm not sure what sort of records they keep though, outside of the fact that the serial number is valid. Though that doesn't guarantee the serial wasn't copied onto fake drivers.

It was also my understanding that it is getting difficult for people to make fakes and that they are cracking down hard overseas (and have been for several years now).

The guy even sent me the fitting recap email from Ping in a screen shot text as well. It seems like a bunch of elaborate steps to take to sell one fake club doesn't it?

The guy even sent me the fitting recap email from Ping in a screen shot text as well. It seems like a bunch of elaborate steps to take to sell one fake club doesn't it?

I would think so as well.

Don't see any differences between this and my G400 Max...

Thanks Joe.

I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one!

most likely legit from what you have posted. FYI....its def a solid buy but not sure why you think it's "too good to be true". I have the same driver with the X Torsion copper shaft which is a higher upcharge shaft than the ping tour shaft. Converted to US hes asking $286......If I were to sell mine (w/ a shaft that costs about $50 more than that) I would expect I would get between $299 and $320

If you would have asked me out of the blue what his driver is "worth" in the re sale world I would have said $299 so hes about spot on

They sell for $649 retail here in Canada with the Tour shaft upgrade Weemohack. I just found out that it is indeed real, and now I am just waiting for him to get the Tour Shaft from Ping, and then that baby is mine!

Thanks for the all the help everyone, and I hope I can repay the favor!

Glad it worked out for you!

most consistent club in my bag - which is saying something the way I used to hit my driver back in the day. Love the G400Max.

Tell him you want a pic of the name. It will say or should say: G400 Max on it
I can take a pic of mine when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1c3339c937060fc1135335628fdd3627.jpg

It should say that on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back