Is this shaft useable or Trash

dhill

Reaction score
Handicap
I'd bought a callaway FT driver pretty cheap from global golf via eBay with a voodoo shaft in it. It was an impulse buy earlier this summer, I certainly didn't need it.

Anyway I was going to sell it and the buyer noticed the ferrule was cracked.

I took the club to a store that don't repair those but they looked at it and said it was just cosmetic.

Before I went to another place to get it fixed I ended up hitting it again and the head flew off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350673649.175764.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350673659.371499.jpg

So is this shaft useable or trash worthy?

Can't tell from the pic but if the shaft itself broke and didn't just come off the head, I would say its not worth putting in another club. If it was just the expoy, the shaft should be fine.

Thanks. I don't have any experience changing shafts yet so I wanted to ask before I tossed it today. It's just been in the closet for a few months.

Shaft looks fine to me

Oh. Well maybe I will take it to Dicks and see if its useable

Oh. Well maybe I will take it to Dicks and see if its useable

I'm in a similar situation. I took the shaft to the local Dick's store. The guy told me since the tip was damaged, he didn't feel comfortable putting it on another head. He said others might.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Shaft looks ok to me. I'm certainly no expert though!

The fact that the head flew of means the tip is broken and needs to be replaced. The shaft itself should be fine

Back