Is Whistling Straights worth the $$$?

yes.

The answer to this question is always YES. Pay whatever you have to pay and get a caddie. It's real and spectacular.

Why on earth is the caddy tip $500??

Why on earth is the caddy tip $500??

I edited the first post due to the confusion.

the total for the round and caddy would have been about $500. Not $500 for just the caddy.

I edited the first post due to the confusion.

the total for the round and caddy would have been about $500. Not $500 for just the caddy.

lol….I was s like, wtf. There no way unless Bones or Fluff are caddying for me that bud ever tip $500 lol.

problem solved. Just do it

lol….I was s like, wtf. There no way unless Bones or Fluff are caddying for me that bud ever tip $500 lol.

problem solved. Just do it

it was a few months ago in Early June and because it was between Memorial Day and Labor Day you need to stay on property for 3 days to get to play so I wasn’t able.

I wish I could have

Last edited:
Couple thoughts: First do they still require a night stay at the American Club where it use to be $300/night?
I was given a gift certificate for a portion and went as a trip with 3 other guys and had a memorable time; eating lunch in the neat clubhouse and watched the herd of sheep running the course, the caddies taking are clubs and put them in their light bags for the substantial terrain.
Bad news, this was my highest ever score!
Do it and then watch the Ryder Cup players this fall wrestle with the course.
If not consider playing their great River Course at Black Wolf.

The wrong question is being asked;

Is the round worth it? Probably not. You’ll likely have gusting wind, lose a ton of balls in the unforgiving rough and score badly.

Is the experience worth it? For a storied course, Absolutely…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same thought about Kiawah next month but then realized I may never get the chance to. I used to live close to Pasa Tiempo and it was $270 and never played, now that I have moved I regret it.

To add to my post and following the Ryder Cup, the memories are worth it. I’m now retired and too cheap to do this again. It was fun seeing the course again and reliving it.
I would recommend doing it with friends if at all possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back