Is Whistling Straights worth the $$$?

Carolina Dundee

“More Established” please notice the quotes
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
shoulder
Just found out I have to go to Manitowac WI for work in June which is about half an hour from Whistling Straights so my first thought is I'm going to play.

I looked it up and $360 plus caddy / caddy tip makes the round about $500. Factor in a few hundo in Merch from the Pro Shop so it will be an expensive day.

It's a bucket list course but now I'm trying to convince myself its worth it.

Any thoughts or suggestions of other courses in the area that are also very good?

Last edited:
Well, can you write it off as a business expense?

If so then F yes its worth it

To me, it’s just another golf course. I just can’t justify spending that amount of money to play one round of golf.

I’m going to say, it’s worth it. Playing any course that has held a major is worth it to me, and having played one round with a caddy, it’s worth every penny. A caddy just adds to the experience no end, and if you get a decent one, they will save you plenty of strokes too.

Not my money, however life is filled with Would haves, Could haves and Should haves.
Think of all of the things COVID took from our everyday living. He who hesitates is lost.
If your not going to be in the neighborhood again, I say do it.

Depends on how much you put on the price of golf on a premier course.

2 words.
Whistling Straits.
2 more words.
Bucket List.

BUCKET LIST!

2 more words.
DO IT!:D

I would play it! Definitely once.

All good points so far.

My coworker is out after hearing the price but will play a more reasonable option so that is also a factor

Been a few times but candidly each time was a freebie business trip. Given your travel is covered....I'd make the plunge. Just stay out of the pro shop.

I've played the Irish and had a fun time doing that. If it's on your bucket list I say go for it. If I remember right making reservations for the straights in the summer requires a stay or addtnl rounds. But I most definitely could be wrong

Go in Fall cheaper and scenic

That’s a big negative for me......

Including caddie there are little to no golf courses I would pay over $300-$325.

I love golf, but sorry. Not going to.
If I can write it off for charity or business.... then maybe haha

I'd check out Sand Valley myself.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In Branson we had a single from Wisconsin paired up with us, in his opinion, Erin Hills was better, but if it's a bucket list might as well.

Last edited:
I've played the Irish and had a fun time doing that. If it's on your bucket list I say go for it. If I remember right making reservations for the straights in the summer requires a stay or addtnl rounds. But I most definitely could be wrong

I didn’t check that. Might be my saving grace to take it off the table

Yes. I love the Kohler courses.

All for nothing the week I get there is when the 3 night lodging requirement starts.

All for nothing the week I get there is when the 3 night lodging requirement starts.
Love The Bull as well. Jack Nicklaus course.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

In the area are both Whistling Straits courses, both Black Wolf Run courses and The Bull. All five are fantastic courses.

Last edited:
I would say yes.

I'm playing all 4 Kohler courses in May, so I hope the answer to this question is a resounding yes.

Back