Is Wind a Deal Breaker for Golf?

yes we need indoor golf courses with the weather totally controlled and perfect..... but finding the cash to put a roof on 18 hole properties could be an issue.

I mean... if I am golfing in big wind I am definitely not having fun trying to score... May as well get my kicks elsewhere.
Understood! I prefer to the tee box on a hill, into the driving wind that even when you get ahold of, goes 175 :rolleyes:.

I don’t really mind it, especially after living in Dallas. Honestly I think I like have wind to make me think more and having to try and work the ball.

Warm and windy is ok. Cold and windy, I’m really not enthusiastic about playing in those conditions.

For me it depends on the temperature. If it’s below 40* I don’t like to play when it is very windy too cold. Over 50* and I don’t mind the wind I kind of enjoy the challenge. I don’t worry too much about final score when it is super windy just have fun being creative.

It’s not my favorite, but I will play in it..better than being at home

If I refused to play because of wind I would never play here in South Dakota. I actually hate playing in it but it's pretty rare we don't have to deal with it. It's even more difficult because my home course is wide open so there's no blocking it anywhere. The other course I like playing has more tree protection and isn't so bad. It's not abnormal to be playing in 2-3 club wind in our men's league though.

I mean unless it’s crazy wind I don’t mind it. There’s a big difference between breezy and just plain stupid wind.

Heat bothers me more than wind and rain. I can handle wind if the temp is above 60. My ankle doesn't like the rain.

Anything over a 2 club wind is not for me. I will play in higher winds, but I just go through the motions, lose a few balls, an call it a day.

Too much wind tires me out real quick.

I especially dislike ground winds on exposed greens. Too many times, I have put a great stroke on a putt, only to have the wind blow it off line. Some less than 3 feet.

I'll be honest, I hate playing in wind. It just aggravates me, especially when it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
Especially when the weather is only "okay" - I avoid playing if the fan is turned up at all.

Anyone else the same way?
I would rather play in the wind than the Cold!

Kansas gets maybe 11 days a year without wind. I've mostly gotten used to it over the years. I've played several rounds with gusts of 30+ mph and it's not my favorite thing.

I thought it was part of golf.

Gusts of 20-25 are doable....more than that and I'm opting for another activity.

I'll be honest, I hate playing in wind. It just aggravates me, especially when it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
Especially when the weather is only "okay" - I avoid playing if the fan is turned up at all.

No

how cold is 'cold' to you?
I think cold and wind go hand in hand. Even at freezing temperatures, it's not all that cold if it's calm and sunny. A little breeze kicks up and it cuts right through you.

If it's really windy and the ball moves on the putting green, I'm just like standing water.

Otherwise, it's a test of my (limited) abilities and I just hope I brought enough balls

If the weather is otherwise cooperative. Meaning no rain or cold. I will play in the wind. It is super aggravating. But it is a fun challenge to try and figure out the adjustments.

If I play well in the wind I feel very accomplished.

I think cold and wind go hand in hand. Even at freezing temperatures, it's not all that cold if it's calm and sunny. A little breeze kicks up and it cuts right through you.
yeah that's the worst part.

Last weekend we played in just over 40 degrees with next to no wind and sun... and honestly I didn't even need to use the hot hand I unpacked for it. Was a great feeling. Add a bit of wind in there and it's just pure misery haha

Not a fan but as long as it is 20 or less then I will play. But that is also dependent on the temperature, the colder it gets the less wind there needs to be.

Back