Is your course cancelling tournaments?

No cancellations, money is being exchanged in Venmo. My club in Scottsdale pushed the spring tournaments to the Fall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No although I thought it would have been a good idea.

Yep... very unfortunate since one is a big fundraiser for a non-profit.

In our county government officials have prohibited any group activities on the golf course for over two months. For most of the counties around us it's been the same.

Today is the first SMGA tournament of the year, all earlier ones were canceled. Sitting here now (7am) marking balls and printing the scorecard. 10:12 tee time.
The good news: 80 players. The bad news: no "after prom". email pic of score card to tournament chair and prizes will be awarded via email and posted on website.

Yes. All member guests have been cancelled for the year, all events through July also cancelled. Fall tournaments still scheduled, but subject to change.

My home course runs a season-long match play event (singles and team). Both are going forward! (y)

Most of the open tournaments in this area were cancelled or put on hold.

Some early events were cancelled, some rescheduled, a couple still happened with creative scheduling. Two man events where they permitted members to select their foursome and tee times and get their tournament round in during a 3 day period. Same with demo days. Some happened, some won't, some later.

Also, our regional senior golf association (16 events/16 courses) rescheduled the Apr and May events until later and waived the requirement to play in at least 8 events to retain active membership. We're going to start the season with the regularly scheduled 1 June event (should've been our 4th). I didn't sign up for it back in Jan when we had to get all our entries in because I was supposed to be up in Maine instead. I think I could get into it now as I assume several will opt out after reading through the new 'terms' for that event ... No closest to pin, only get 10 range balls, only 10 practice putts, and the worst ... two players to a cart. I haven't carted with anyone since this craziness first started. I think I'll skip our opening tourney even though it's a course I really like and also very close to home.

postponing with hopes of later dates

Yes, they have cancelled a few tourneys already and may cancel more down the road. It all depends on the governor letting us get to phase 4 in his plan and when that will happen.

some are canceled, and the bigger ones are being delayed for later in the summer. Sucks for those who aren't in them, as it kind of stacks the weekend sheet in late summer, but that's fine. You have to provide that experience or the prestige of the course gets diminished.
I feel like playing in tournaments is a big reason that a lot of people join private/ semi private clubs. I know I could probably save money throughout the year if I just played public courses but I love playing in tournaments because I'm competitive and it gives me a chance to meet and play with members I don't normally.

Think we will have 5 tournaments placed on "hold". The board of our club (which I am on) has not yet decided if we are going to reschedule them or cancel them. Without knowing when/if we will be allowed to have tournaments means there is no real reason to decide as of yet.

Hoping we can start playing them in June, but even then I think we will be making several changes. Most likely all registration/skins will be paid before hand electronically, physical cards will be kept to confirm everything but scoring will be input via a mobile app (golf genius or tournament manager) and no meeting up post round to see results.

Fingers crossed that we get to figure those issues out sooner rather than later.
These seem like very reasonable measures to ensure safety. I wish our club would look at this. Most of our members have their own carts so we would have no issues having 1 person to a cart.

postponing with hopes of later dates
Here's to hoping that the Oceans Edge Vokey Invitational isn't postponed!:ROFLMAO:

Yes ... no golf during lockdown and no comps since socially distanced two ball golf started in England two weeks ago. No indication as yet as to when they will return.

All tourneys have been postponed -Not cancelled.
trying to push back, so not to lose the revenue.
Wait for the heat to come and kill this thing.

Our club held its first of the year yesterday, after cancelling everything else since March.

Our club held its first of the year yesterday, after cancelling everything else since March.
How was it run? Shotgun, tee times, or any special precautions.

Starting back some weekly week night games this week.
Our club is still not talking about starting our weekly scramble or even having any tournaments anytime soon. They actually let go the events coordinator as they aren’t booking any outside events such as charity tournaments, weddings, or banquets for the rest of this year and next year. I think not booking anything next year is overboard.

Our club is still not talking about starting our weekly scramble or even having any tournaments anytime soon. They actually let go the events coordinator as they aren’t booking any outside events such as charity tournaments, weddings, or banquets for the rest of this year and next year. I think not booking anything next year is overboard.

How was it run? Shotgun, tee times, or any special precautions.
Not sure, as I didn't play in it, but I'd guess it was the usual shotgun start that they use.

Back