ISPS Handa Vic Open

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
No thread yet but this event is incredible!

"This week’s Vic Open in Australia—a ground-breaking collaboration of the European Tour, the LPGA Tour, the PGA of Australia and Australian Ladies Professional Golf—has men and women playing alongside each other on two golf courses at 13th Beach Golf Club on the picturesque Bellarine Peninsula and, here’s the big news, for equal prize money. No, not huge money by today’s standards—a $1.5 million total purse for each—a factor that has surely led to the absence of many star names across the gender divide. But the Vic Open remains a fascinating hint of a more enlightened future for professional golf."

Read more about it here: https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-vic-open-is-more-than-a-novel-event-its-a-model-for-the-future

Very curious to see how the final results turn out.

Also in current standings, there are 3 women in the top 10 and ties.

When Jason Scrivener misses a shot, is it a Scrivener's error?

But seriously, I think the concept of this event is really cool. I hope we see more these types of miced events.

This event is pretty darn cool. I bet the galleries are really enjoying it. Hopefully it is a success for the organizers and sponsors.

Watching this now. Do they just let the galleries go where ever they want?

Watching this now. Do they just let the galleries go where ever they want?

For the most part yes, no ropes. Also haven't heard a " get in the hole yet either" Could you imagine no ropes in the states and having someone yelling mashed potatoes 3 feet from a golfer?

Back