It’s time to allow shorts on Tour: Yes, I said it.

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Today is proving its time to allow shorts on Tour, and I truly believe besides those yelling “tradition!” with no other backing there is no defense of it not being time for this to happen.

The apparent of the game had already evolved a TON from its “tradition”, so it’s natural to evolve more.

It’s easy, allow the EVENTS to decide, shorts or pants.

Now go ahead, get after it and state your case. ;):p

It doesn’t bother me either way. I’m sure the tour players would love to drop the pants when the weather permits.

Co-sign.

My favorite are the guys who wear pants all the time because "it's what the pros do". Note that when given the choice, they're in shorts.

• Staff
Yes on the shorts!

Not interested in what they wear as long as they are “smart”. If Augusta want to impose trousers like Wimbledon impose all white to maintain “tradition” I think that’s acceptable. There will be lots of times they will chose to wear trousers due to weather conditions etc.

Shorts are great. Let’s go another step. 3 beers per 9. Make it more like when I play with my buddies.

Not interested in what they wear as long as they are “smart”. If Augusta want to impose trousers like Wimbledon impose all white to maintain “tradition” I think that’s acceptable. There will be lots of times they will chose to wear trousers due to weather conditions etc.
This has always been my argument to the “tradition” and “class” gang, let the events decide. The “tradition” laden ones will say no go, others will be ok with it.

I agree but just because some could doesn’t mean they should.

I agree but just because some could doesn’t mean they should.
And the opposite is true, no?

My favorite is no one can make a true argument about why pants are a must other than “tradition” which always evolves, and “professionalism” which is a hilarious argument because the league makes the decision on that.

And the opposite is true, no?

My favorite is no one can make a true argument about why pants are a must other than “tradition” which always evolves, and “professionalism” which is a hilarious argument because the league makes the decision on that.
👍🏻

I have always seen pants as a professionals uniform. I’m ok with shorts on tour though I guess. Especially if they are carrying their own bags haha

Absolutely. Shorts should be permitted.

If it were really about tradition, we’d still all be rocking persimmon drivers on hickory shafts.

I say let them wear shorts, as long as they aren't jorts. That is a no go on or off the course to me.

1000% yes.

Love that they aired it with them in shorts. Everyone has seen it now. There was no horror. We all survived.

Let's go.

I think the PGA could easily allow the players to wear shorts. Watching today I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

Let's go with the best of both worlds, zip of pants/shorts. Start off professional looking in the cooler morning temps and zip off for comfort in the afternoon.

Don't think there has ever been a good reason for them not to be allowed shorts.

No problem with shorts. Definitely yes on rangefinders. Also lose the caddies and make them carry their own equipment with no outside counsel/advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree completely...let the event decide.

No problem with shorts. None at all. For the minute I tuned in, I also liked seeing them carry their own bag. Wouldn’t mine seeing that be the norm too.

Back