it looks like Wilson staff golf balls simplified

nicedivot

strangers in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
5 - 10
http://www.wilson.com/en-gb/golf/balls/
Looking at the wilson staff global site, their golf ball line-up is simplified.
FG tour, Dx3 Soft (replacing C:25), Dx2 soft (replacing all other 2 peace balls)

Cool. Thanks for posting, I have never used any Wilson products but might be worth checking out.

This is odd as i dont see the Duo which seems to be their flagship ball right. They have thrown alot of money into marketing that ball. Half of which came out of my pocket over tge last year with all the balls i have bought!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the post I bought some Wilson FG tour x's a while ago and can't wait to try them out.

Can't believe the Duo isn't up there, it's a pretty good ball.

They were pushing the Duo HARD at the demo day at the PGA Show. It's going nowhere.

No more Duo? :confused2:... that's weird.

No more Duo? :confused2:... that's weird.

Look up.

I assure you they aren't going anywhere. They are incredibly proud of that golf ball and it was THE push at demo day last month.

I wonder what's going on with the DUO...

I kid. I kid. Still wanting to see if I like it as much in warmer weather.

I wonder what's going on with the DUO...

I kid. I kid. Still wanting to see if I like it as much in warmer weather.

I was about to go CRAZY. HA!

I actually do too, I enjoyed it this winter a good bit.

what I posted is from Wilson Staff Global website while Jman's link is Wilson Staff US.
So they seem to have 2 different marketings. 1 for US and 1 for Global. When I look at Dx2 ball spec, it seems this is same as Duo (based on compression #)

I think they should get rid of every ball except the Duo.

I think they should get rid of every ball except the Duo.
I agree with this COMPLETELY. They've got a push behind it, now focus on THAT one. No reason for W/S to have so many golf balls IMO, none at all.

I agree with this COMPLETELY. They've got a push behind it, now focus on THAT one. No reason for W/S to have so many golf balls IMO, none at all.

Nope. That 50 Elite and now the Duo are both good balls, but the rest is just too much.

I actually like the way Wilson Staff global website markets their balls.
FG tour - urethan cover, top end balls
Dx3 - C:25 balls (which is amazing and if you guys haven't tried it then give it a try) for mid level
Dx2 - DUO 2 piece ball to cover low end.

Nope. That 50 Elite and now the Duo are both good balls, but the rest is just too much.
I agree on the 50 Elite it is a very good ball, I need to try the Duo out too.

How about 3 versions of the Duo, similar to Bridgestones E series?

I was somewhat concerned at the talk about the Duo possibly being dropped.

I hope the Duo doesn't disappoint once the weather starts warming up. I really like this ball for my everyday gamer.

The Duo's not available in the UK - will try it out and several others next time I'm over - I can see me having to take an extra suitcase for all the golf stuff I want to bring back!

How does the ball compare to the FG tour? Seems you guys not so keen?

Very different balls. The FG Tour is a is a 3-piece urethane covered "Tour" ball while the Duo is a surlyn covered, soft cored, 2 piece ball.

I've got a buddy, forum member dz10 who loves the duo. In the time we've played together he's gamed every major brand and swears that the duo is the best for his game.

I have not played any wilson balls except their range balls lol. I do have Ci-11's as my iron set though.

I was somewhat concerned at the talk about the Duo possibly being dropped.

I hope the Duo doesn't disappoint once the weather starts warming up. I really like this ball for my everyday gamer.

Again, I can assure you that with the push that they were doing on the Duo at Demo Day with the section dedicated JUST to the Duo, its going nowhere. Plus, think about the commercials, a small company like W/S isn't going to make commercials and get them out there like they have only to drop the ball. No worries.

I was about to go CRAZY. HA!

I actually do too, I enjoyed it this winter a good bit.

Jman - given you've played the Duo in winter - do you play the lower end balls on the winter 'softer' greens and move back to the higher end balls during the summer months? I've been playing the NXT's, Srixon AD333's and Qstars over the winter and not seen any real loss in performance as our greens are so soft you don't need the check and the winter tees are up so you're playing shorter irons anyway? Be really interested in your views?

Back