It took me 2+ years but I finally know what a real golf swing feels like and I owe it to this guy.

Colbalt

MrBlast

Reaction score
Clay Ballard - I've had a couple of lessons and I've watched plenty of videos but nobody has explained it like this guy. Yesterday, I played the first 9 holes like I typically do and then I recalled that video and decided I was gonna commit to what he said and after 2 holes, it just clicked. It started working. I have to build the muscle memory, so I can't really put any speed on it yet but that will come. I'm headed to the course again today. I'm an old school grinder, so I'm pumped to put this into practice going forward.

pattyboy21

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My recent improvements have all been from following Clay Ballard and seeing the daily email vids!

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
There are a lot of guys giving tips on YouTube these days. Some of them just explain things in a way that just click with some golfers others, not so much. I recently employed a tip I saw Clay talk about that worked for me too.

init.6

Ben Hogan 2021
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8GHIN
I love Clay's channel. I have stayed away from the youtube guys for a long time but his lessons on chipping & pitching have been spot on for me. What strikes me is how well he explains the differences between the "feel" of the swing vs. what we're actually doing. If you aren't sure what I mean by that, check out his lesson on pitching from 60-80 yards out. It feels like I'm on auto-pilot with that shot now.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
clay shoots these videos at a club just north of orlando. when he's there, he's extremely generous with his time and genuinely friendly and helpful to anyone who approaches him. he seems like a great guy.

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots of good concepts. But, it seems like there are too many must haves here. My one great takeaway is opening the hips to square the club head.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen any of his stuff yet, I'll have to give them a look

wazzubrew

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I watched most of these videos when I first started last year, but watching them again there is a lot of stuff that I've forgotten or it just didn't click with me the first time. Looking forward to trying some of this out.

pattyboy21

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The only problem I have with this swing is squaring the clubface while shallowing the swing. I can roll the grip clockwise in transition, but not very consistently; I often make a very good swing with the face open. While playing, I tend to blend my old swing with many of the Clay Ballard concepts just to score well. To really ingrain the swing, I'd need to do a whole lot of range work.

That post

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
There are a lot of guys giving tips on YouTube these days. Some of them just explain things in a way that just click with some golfers others, not so much. I recently employed a tip I saw Clay talk about that worked for me too.
Yep, I'm not sure how many YouTube videos I've watched in the past several months (probably hundreds). When I finally landed on Athletic Motion Golf their explanations teamed with the 3D swing models they do just clicked with me for some reason. I owe my new grip, lag, and consistency almost completely to that channel.

I plan to have my first in-person lesson after I finally get my new clubs, hopefully, in mid-August. We shall see if what I've taught myself is correct but I'm hitting the ball straight and farther than I have in 20 years so I've got to believe I'm on the right track.

echico

Morgan Cup 2021 - Team Paradise
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I watch his video on the Tuck & Turn shoulder drill every other week to remember that feeling.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in