It was an expensive range session

robmypro

Reaction score
Well boys, I went to the range today. It started pretty crappy. I just wasn't hitting very well, for the first 10 or 15 minutes. I decided to give a couple drivers a go, so I tried the Big Bertha and X2 Hot. Long story shot, I end up at Golfsmith getting fitted for a new driver. I settled on a 9 degree Bertha. Tried a bunch of them but the range session convinced me that the Bertha was the one. Regular shaft was the one. Consistency on the range was excellent, disyance was better, and it just has a nice feel to it.

I cannot wait for the next range session, and round.

Congrats on the new driver hope it works well

Congrats on the new Bertha! Completely awesome driver, shouldn't steer ya wrong.

Congrats on the BB. She's a beast for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Conhrats on the new driver.

Congrats on the new driver buddy!

Always nice to find a fit, congrats on the new bigdog

Congrats!

Thanks guys! She is a beauty. Hit my best drives ever at the range, so this should help me off the tee. I decided not to over think this. Just pulled the trigger. Feels good to have her!

Big step from the Eye 2 congrats on the new stick.

Congrats on the new driver. I hear you, when it feels great and hits well its a must pick up right there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new driver. The Bertha is an awesome club to add to the bag.

Nice Rob, I love my BB 3 wood, when its time to upgrade my driver the Bertha will be on the top of the list....the new woods are much easier to hit then persimmons....couple of weeks ago I played with a older gentleman who had a persimmon 3 wood....he said he love it and refused to take it out of the bag....he hit it poorly all round long haha

Congrats on the new driver

Congrats on the new driver. Hit 'em long amd straight!

Nice Rob, I love my BB 3 wood, when its time to upgrade my driver the Bertha will be on the top of the list....the new woods are much easier to hit then persimmons....couple of weeks ago I played with a older gentleman who had a persimmon 3 wood....he said he love it and refused to take it out of the bag....he hit it poorly all round long haha

Thanks Scott. What helped me pull the trigger was seeing the consistency at the range, and visualizing what it is going to take to break 90. I am just not going to get there with the Eye 2 driver. I hit some good shots with it, but that level requires more than occasional good shots. I need consistency I don't have off the tee. Of course, I need to practice with the BB, and the Eye 2 definitely helped me get dialed in enough to make a BB easier to hit.

I am not expecting miracles, but this should improve a key part of my game over time.

Congrats on your purchase. You really made a great choice as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new driver. I hear you, when it feels great and hits well its a must pick up right there.

Thanks. Usually I would have gone into full ponder mode, but this was a no brainer. Just pull the trigger and move on. I have round 3 to prepare for, and this was the biggest weakness. Down the road FW and a Hybrid will be on the table, but first I need to see what this move does. It's only money.

Congrats on your purchase. You really made a great choice as well
I owe it to this site and the great reviews. I would have probably just grabbed the G25, but you guys opened my eyes to a lot of other choices. I also tried the G25, Bio Cell, X2 Hot and TM. Tried different shafts and head adjustments, so I gave every driver a fair shake. It is what it is.

Congrats on the new driver, hope it helps lower your scores.

Congrats on the new Bertha!

Congrats ! It's a great big dog

Back