It was an expensive range session

Thanks Scott. What helped me pull the trigger was seeing the consistency at the range, and visualizing what it is going to take to break 90. I am just not going to get there with the Eye 2 driver. I hit some good shots with it, but that level requires more than occasional good shots. I need consistency I don't have off the tee. Of course, I need to practice with the BB, and the Eye 2 definitely helped me get dialed in enough to make a BB easier to hit.

I am not expecting miracles, but this should improve a key part of my game over time.

Nice buy and I hope it works out for you

You mention consistency, but is that consistency in distance or accuracy? I only ask as if it is accuracy then I completely agree with your choice, but if it is distance I am not 100% convinced by this statement as I used to play with a work colleague in his (then) 50s who was not a long hitter at all but he was consistently as straight as an arrow and played to a 5 handicap and regularly won competitions as he played 'boring' golf.... Tee - fairway - green

It was fun to watch but an absolute nightmare to play against as if you didn't bring your best game you could expect to lose

Nice buy and I hope it works out for you

You mention consistency, but is that consistency in distance or accuracy? I only ask as if it is accuracy then I completely agree with your choice, but if it is distance I am not 100% convinced by this statement as I used to play with a work colleague in his (then) 50s who was not a long hitter at all but he was consistently as straight as an arrow and played to a 5 handicap and regularly won competitions as he played 'boring' golf.... Tee - fairway - green

It was fun to watch but an absolute nightmare to play against as if you didn't bring your best game you could expect to lose

Hey Doc, it was both really. The ball just kept ending up in the same location. I had a bit of a fade with the BB, but I just aimed a little left and was pretty much striping it. I hear you on consistency. I played with a guy who hit 180 max off the tee, vs my 240+. He beat me every time.

Hey Doc, it was both really. The ball just kept ending up in the same location. I had a bit of a fade with the BB, but I just aimed a little left and was pretty much striping it. I hear you on consistency. I played with a guy who hit 180 max off the tee, vs my 240+. He beat me every time.

Fair enough, if you can give yourself a reliable shot and shape then go with it

Enjoy it

Fair enough, if you can give yourself a reliable shot and shape then go with it

Enjoy it

Thanks. Yeah, a reliable tee shot really sets up the hole. I haven't broke 100 yet but feel I can in a round or two with better course management and a break or two. But I am really gunning to break 90. To do that I need a consistent tee shot. Hopefully a more forgiving driver gets me there.

Nothing is better than getting a new golf toy

Congrats on the new driver.

Congrats on joining the Big Bertha family. I think it is an incredible driver. I haven't completely figured mine out, but I have plans of hitting the range tomorrow to get her dialed in.

Congrats on joining the Big Bertha family. I think it is an incredible driver. I haven't completely figured mine out, but I have plans of hitting the range tomorrow to get her dialed in.

That is my plan on Sunday. A romantic afternoon with the girl and 105 of my closest range balls.

Congrats sir. Did you big up the regular Bertha or the Alpha? I've hit em both and they're certainly nice.

Well boys, I went to the range today. It started pretty crappy. I just wasn't hitting very well, for the first 10 or 15 minutes. I decided to give a couple drivers a go, so I tried the Big Bertha and X2 Hot. Long story shot, I end up at Golfsmith getting fitted for a new driver. I settled on a 9 degree Bertha. Tried a bunch of them but the range session convinced me that the Bertha was the one. Regular shaft was the one. Consistency on the range was excellent, disyance was better, and it just has a nice feel to it.

I cannot wait for the next range session, and round.

Nice! Hope you get many great rounds out of it.

Congrats sir. Did you big up the regular Bertha or the Alpha? I've hit em both and they're certainly nice.

Thanks dude! I went with the regular BB.

Thanks. Usually I would have gone into full ponder mode, but this was a no brainer. Just pull the trigger and move on. I have round 3 to prepare for, and this was the biggest weakness. Down the road FW and a Hybrid will be on the table, but first I need to see what this move does. It's only money.

Very true, hybrids are great, just added mine this year came in handy many times. So many more options with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I make sure the driving ranges I go to are far away from the golf shops I frequent! Good luck I hope you found some manna!

Thats excellent Rob! Its pretty awesome how far you have come in such a short time, both with the game and your views on equipment! This place can certainly change ones perspective. Keep it up.

Thats excellent Rob! Its pretty awesome how far you have come in such a short time, both with the game and your views on equipment! This place can certainly change ones perspective. Keep it up.

Thanks buddy! I feel like I am making progress, but I don't want to turn this into frustration if I shoot poorly, or don't break some milestone by a date. I am focusing on appreciating the sport for the enjoyment I get, and the score is sort of there. I want to do better, but it isn't everything. I just want to have fun with it.

I think multiple sessions with James helped me sort those equipment issues I had out! He is a patient guy!

Thanks buddy! I feel like I am making progress, but I don't want to turn this into frustration if I shoot poorly, or don't break some milestone by a date. I am focusing on appreciating the sport for the enjoyment I get, and the score is sort of there. I want to do better, but it isn't everything. I just want to have fun with it.

I think multiple sessions with James helped me sort those equipment issues I had out! He is a patient guy!

I think you have a great attitude. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve or setting goals. Keeping perspective on why you play should keep it fun. Improving will only push you more and it's a lot of fun to see those numbers steadily get smaller.

I think you have a great attitude. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve or setting goals. Keeping perspective on why you play should keep it fun. Improving will only push you more and it's a lot of fun to see those numbers steadily get smaller.

Yeah, keeping proper perspective is the key. I know this. I am never going to be a pro. I am never going to make money at this. And I will probably never play at any competitive level. So it's about the enjoyment, exercise, time with the wife, etc. I would like to break 80 eventually. If I do it, awesome. If not, I had a heck of a time trying. And when it all comes down to it, I am not good enough to get frustrated.

Great game. I enjoy working at it. It is a good escape from the daily grind. The last thing I want to do is ruin that, and make it ANOTHER thing that can frustrate me. It is all how you look at it. Besides, I found a great group to hang out with and share the passion with right here.

Congrats Rob, it is a nice driver and will be more forgiving the your EYE 2.

Back