Its a hit, not a swing golf instructor (wrists, not arms)

Jjmorris

Will Post for Thanks
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
What do you guys think about this instructor's teaching method and philosophy? I went to him the other day because I had a coupon and am not sold on what all he teaches, but the theory seems there and I think I can build a more consistent swing with his style..

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=chad+westra

Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimategolfer/videos

He basically teaches the fundamental of using the wrists to start and finish the swing, and in doing so, the arms will follow. I know my swing was wrong before, but this is pretty different from what I was doing. (I am a beginner as I have about a year of golf under me).

Just watched some of his videos. I don't think I could ever give this guy any of my money. Also, its 2012...why is he wearing a beeper?

That is by far the most ridiculous golf instruction video I have ever seen. With this method, ultimate golf is promoting a flip. This flip causes the clubface to turn at a rapid rate, which can cause a radical amount of inconsistency. By using your arms through the golf swing, unlike what ultimate preaches, you slow down the rotation of the clubface and create much less of a margin for error.

That is by far the most ridiculous golf instruction video I have ever seen. With this method, ultimate golf is promoting a flip. This flip causes the clubface to turn at a rapid rate, which can cause a radical amount of inconsistency. By using your arms through the golf swing, unlike what ultimate preaches, you slow down the rotation of the clubface and create much less of a margin for error.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like he wants you to hit a hook with you're hands not your swing path. My instructor is trying to get me away from such a rapid release.

The only reason I posted this was because I was skeptical myself. I can say my previos swing had no wrist movement before and some of the things I think will help me with that. However, the first thing I noticed as well as a potential issue was the rapid wrist flick.
Thanks for the info guys I'm going to try this modified swing I have now and see how it works this weekend using Some of his advice on the takeaway with the wrists.

Back