It's been a while

triple_bøgey

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all! I've been lurking on here for a little while now, so I decided to create an account and introduce myself.

I played a ton of golf in HS, but then only sporadically for the past 15 years or so. But, I finally have a real job now and can afford to play more often and even update my clubs. So for kicks, I thought I'd age myself by describing what's currently my bag:

Clubs that haven't changed since HS:
Cleveland 56°
TaylorMade Burner LCG 3-PW

Additions:
Custom putter center shaftEd blade from GigaGolf
Adam Tight Lies 5 wood
TaylorMade Burner Driver

Although I still get out and play on occasion, I have not followed trends in technology or learning/practicing since the early 2000's. So that's ultimately why I'm here.

For example, in the past I was hesitant to invest in blade irons because I worried about playing often enough to perform with unforgiving clubs. But now it seems that there are blade-like sets that are still forgiving.

I'm sure it'll take me a while to get back to low handicap golf, but one thing that I haven't lost is distance. I honestly don't think my drives would look out of place on the tour. It's the rest of my game that's an inconsistent nightmare right now lol. So anyway if anyone has recommendations for clubs that offer good control (and sharp looking edges) and forgiveness (I'm not worried about distance) or advice on the best places or times to buy, please share!

Welcome to THP! Glad you're here! About clubs, try to find a newer club that interests you. There's for a sure a thread about that club or set of irons here. That's how I settled on my Cobra Forged TECs. The thread on them here was what made me confident in my purchase and they've been absolutely fantastic!

Welcome to THP! There’s tons of knowledgeable folks here that will be more than happy to banter away and help with your questions. Hit ‘em straight!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum.

Welcome to the club. You'll love this place. Most of the people are great and there is a plethora of information.

welcome

Welcome to THP.

Welcome! Tons of good info on clubs and who they suit or don't here. If you're coming back into it after a while my one suggestion would be to try as many as you can and stay with used/cheaper right at the start. You're likely to have changing needs as you get your game back, and the stages might move faster than you think!

Welcome to THP! There is tons of information, reviews and discussion about clubs in both the forums and the articles on the main site, plenty to dig into. This is a great forum with a lot of experienced and knowledgeable members, enjoy!

Welcome! Tons of good info on clubs and who they suit or don't here. If you're coming back into it after a while my one suggestion would be to try as many as you can and stay with used/cheaper right at the start. You're likely to have changing needs as you get your game back, and the stages might move faster than you think!
This is very useful advice. Thanks!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Back