Izzo Golf 3×9 Putting Mat Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Indoor putting: We all do it. For most of us, it’s the only time we can do anything resembling golf without going outdoors. How we do it tends to vary. Some of us use the carpet and try to hit a cup, others have skinny strips of fabric that feed to a ball return, and some (like THP’s JB and GolferGal) have an indoor green the size of my kitchen. I’ve putted into just about everything. Heck, I’ve even used a shoe that I turned on its side on some pretty thick carpet. The bottom line is that it can be a challenge to find a somewhat realistic putting surface for indoor practice. For a while, I used the utility carpet in my basement, but it was like putting on glass. It was better than nothing, but moving to real grass took some major adjustment in the length of my stroke. I’ve tried many different indoor putting products, but haven’t been able to find one that fits my needs. I’m not a fan of putting up an incline and I just don’t have the money to spend on something huge. Knowing this, I decided to review the Izzo 3×9 Putting Mat because it appeared to be a little closer to what I was looking for: something that wasn’t too expensive, not too big (or small), flat and reasonably close to real grass. Take a look and we’ll see how it stacked up.

Continue Reading

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11604

I enjoyed that...and I badly need some sort of putting green at my house...its the worst part of my game right now

I really enjoyed the review Hawk! I posted comments on the main page as well, outstanding work my friend!

Thanks guys. I was putting on carpet due to being unsatisfied with other products I had tried. This one was definitely much better and is getting a lot of use.

Thanks guys. I was putting on carpet due to being unsatisfied with other products I had tried. This one was definitely much better and is getting a lot of use.

thats my kicker...my carpet is too fluffy and the stint meter on my hard woods is like 25....haha. I am in need of something

Great Review Hawk. I am currently a member of the "skinny strips of fabric that feed to a ball return" club and am in the market for something better. This looks like it could be a winner. Love the reviews you are doing of game improvement products, keep up the great work.

Great Review Hawk. I am currently a member of the "skinny strips of fabric that feed to a ball return"

The thing about those is that I really wonder if they are channeling the ball towards the hole. I have one of them and could probably make 20 putts in a row. Also, with the one I have, the ball return hardly ever works, so what's the point lol? This mat is probably double the price, but there really isn't any comparison in terms of what you get.

I loved this review. I'm going to look into this one because it is a great option until Andrea and I get a place settled. Portable and I love it doesnt take much if anything to flatten out. Left a comment on the review page too. Awesome work Hawk'ster!

Nice review! I have a putting strip in my basement. I learned that the way I have it set up that my basement breaks right to left.

Yes, my basement has a little break to it as well. There is one portion that is level and then it sort of drops from right to left. I can get break or flat depending on where I set it.

good stuff Hawk.....nice price point on this too considering the size

Great review, thanks a lot!

Loved the review. Are you still using it? Any new thoughts?

Oddly enough, I just came back upstairs from putting and chipping. Yep, still using it and it's holding up very well. For indoor practice, the length is just about perfect for me. I really needed to work on putts from 7-8 feet and in this winter. I use it for chipping by standing away and try to aim for the mat and one of the holes. The ball will actually check a bit on it, which is kind of cool. My 5-7 yard chipping game should be fresh for the spring lol.

I keep thinking I'm going to get one at some point. But then I see the green that Clamfist built, and I start to ponder it all over again.

Back