Jack Daniels Tennesse Whiskey Honey Lemonade

Thrillbilly Jim

Raised On Hose Water And Neglect
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I saw this the other day, and really want to try it! A local bar here used to make a drink called "Fields of Gold". It was fresh lemonade, Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey Honey, and simple syrup. It was awesome! Bad thing, it's only available in certain states and NC isn't one of them! 👎

IMG_2294.JPG

I would try that.

Oh I need to find this. Not sure where they’d sell these in PA.

Yes please

I would love to try one of these....for science of course.

Edit: Looks like they may be in my local Total Wine, so guess were 'ol Dilly is stopping by on his way home....

Last edited:
Definitely would try.

Looks good. Makes me wonder do they still sell the Jack Daniels Country Cocktails? I think it was Downhome Punch or something like that? Man....those things made college a challenge.

Definitely give it a try, because I do like my JD. Not a fan of the honey, but it might be ok with lemonade

Looks good. Makes me wonder do they still sell the Jack Daniels Country Cocktails? I think it was Downhome Punch or something like that? Man....those things made college a challenge.
Lynchburg Lemonade... Was making from scratch by the gallon in college... yeah. Trouble...

E72E1DB5-1FBF-4977-928D-7B453C918D4A.jpeg

That I'm sure is fantastic. Tennessee Honey alone is sip worthy, so I can't see how this wouldn't be either.

Is it carbonated?
It is!

I wanted to try it both out of the can and over ice, so I popped a few cans into the fridge. Just pulled one out to give it a try. Color is a transparent/pale straw color, almost like a very light wheat beer. Out of the can, the nose is unmistakably JD Tennessee Honey. If you have ever had a bad night with JDTH, prepare to go right back to that night when you crack this can.

First sip from the can was a bit harsh. I expected that the flavor would be subdued by the advertised lemonade, but there just isn’t much there. If you are thinking Arnold Palmer levels of lemonade, you would be a bit disappointed. I would compare it more to the lemon flavor from a lemon San Pellegrino. Definitely there, but more in the background. This drink is unmistakably Jack Daniels, and that’s probably a good thing. The carbonation is a nice surprise, and adds a satisfying aspect to the drink.

I poured the can over ice in a tumbler and the nose of the drink mellowed quite a bit. I would be careful not to over-ice, but with just a bit it seems to bring everything in better balance. It’s quite good over ice, and really convenient. More lemon flavor comes through, but perhaps a bit less honey. There isn’t much honey flavor to begin with outside of the typical JDTH honey flavor.

At the end of the day, I can definitely see me drinking more of these during a summer night. At about $3.50 per drink, they are not cheap. At at 7% ABV, it’s not exactly like the premium price goes to boosting that number, as many beers (especially IPAs) can be easily found with 8%+ ABV for the $1.75 per can range. Now I get that not everyone is looking for ABV maximization, but I bring it up to point out that outside of novelty, there is not much value to be found with this drink.

People who love JD and JDTH will like this drink. It’s light and rich in JD flavor, perfect for a summer night watching fireworks or kids play. For me, I will probably stick to beers. But in some specific situations, I could definitely bee (see what I did there) persuaded to grab a 4 pack of these guys and toss them in a cooler. I’ll just make sure I have a tumbler and some ice with me.

Right now I’m watching NASCAR and drinking one of these things, and darn it if I don’t feel so freaking American.

5716C54C-5C81-461E-88C9-A705FA51C94F.jpeg

@BigDill’s review of this product was spot on! I really enjoyed this beverage! I was surprised at how much Jack Daniels whiskey flavor was apparent from the first taste. Especially, with a lower ABV%. This would be a great addition to your cooler on the course, at a cook out, or the beach. Once you get over the initial surprise of the strong taste at first, it’s quite good. Give it a try if you find it in your area!

Back