Jamie Sadlowski Signs with Cleveland Golf

To me it's not a big deal. IMO even less than some of the PXG signings. He isn't competing long drive and to my knowledge doesn't have any status on the web.com tour. I'm guessing the avg golfer has no idea who he is

What is their message? Their current staffers are pretty solid players. Now they sign a guy that just smashes the ball.

Don’t get me wrong I like JS, a lot. The man has swagger and seems to not take himself too seriously. I just don’t know if there is an upside for Cleveland/Srixon. I hope I’m dead ass wrong and they blow up in the market place.

What is their message? Their current staffers are pretty solid players. Now they sign a guy that just smashes the ball.

Don’t get me wrong I like JS, a lot. The man has swagger and seems to not take himself too seriously. I just don’t know if there is an upside for Cleveland/Srixon. I hope I’m dead ass wrong and they blow up in the market place.
But, is there a down side either?

I don't think forum members make up "average golfers." I don't think non pros upgrading their bag every 24 months is the norm. (I'm prepared to be proven wrong on both accounts.) I think the last time the average golfer that's looking for a new driver this year bought one, Taylor Made was still king. It's a very different landscape. Anything that raises an eyebrow is an advantage. And a guy hitting a ball 375+ yards with a Cleveland driver will raise eyebrows.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree that most forum members on any forum aren’t the avg consumer of that product. But I also don’t think the forum golfer or the avg golfer is going to look at a brand because a guy who hits the ball a long way for a living signs with that company. If that’s the case a lot of golfers would be testing or playing krank golf.

Signing a player who isn’t actually playing on tour or participating in long drive any more is a significant signing. Work number one, major winners, pros with a cult like following make more sense to me. Outside tiger woods, maybe Phil and the legends of golf have the ability to move the needle when it comes to selling clubs. Some with high social media numbers may bring eyes to the game but imo they are there more consume the social media content than to watch golf. Until another tiger comes along I don’t think the golf needle really gets moved by anyone especially someone not relevant on pro tour or hasn’t won the long drive championship in 8 years and iirc hasn’t been in the finals in the last 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the message is “We have a new driver and it goes a long way, you can tell cuz we a have a long drive champ using it”. Also Jaime is fun, and I think/hope? we see some fun social/YouTube/ad spots come out featuring him.

He's gotta start making cuts first. Gotta be hard going from playing a longer driver and smashing it 400+ to playing a standard driver and dialing it down to hit 325+. Has to be an adjustment. Will be curious to see what work he does this fall/winter to get his game PGA ready. Wonder if he's thought about going overseas to Japan or Europe to start things there. Interesting too how all in Callaway seemed on him during his long drive stints but guess things cooled once he left that scene.

Last edited:
What PXG did with signing Paige was clearly a perception move. They're a luxury brand built for a certain demographic, and she fits in that image in a very specific way. I'll let you guys read between the lines.

That said, I would love to see correlative data on a TOUR sponsorship signing and impact on product sales.

What PXG did with signing Paige was clearly a perception move. They're a luxury brand built for a certain demographic, and she fits in that image in a very specific way. I'll let you guys read between the lines.

That said, I would love to see correlative data on a TOUR sponsorship signing and impact on product sales.
It would be minimal, we know that, only a couple guys truly move gear, it's always been that way.

Perception though, now that sells gear.

One of the longest to ever play the game signs with a company that is known for its wedges, doesn’t make sense to me. He is fun to watch, in long drive comps but that where is stops for me

He should have a lot of wedges in right? So if he improves with that portion of his game, it would be a big deal right? If not, well no harm no foul is my guess. Doubt it is a huge dollar amount and could have big upside if he ends up making a tour.

Good question. I don't know and I'm not able to see how signing a guy who probably isn't going to make the PGA tour anytime soon can impact sales. I don't want to see any company not do good and i have a friend who works for Cleveland/Srixon as a sales rep here in DMV. They would prefer to pay to have their best player play their golf ball over driver/woods so paying an insignificant tour presence to play their clubs is puzzling.

Anna Rawson and Paige both are there for their social media and appeal. PXG isn't IMO using signings to draw the avg golfer or even forum embers to their brand. They are marketing to the crowd that wants exclusivity and aren't concerned with price. Their your signings while not all that significant at least have some value added with tour presence on both the mens and women's side. Sadlowski doesn't provide that. I've been supportive of the lydia ko signing just as many here were supportive of it when callaway signed her and for whatever reason didn't feel,the same after the switch.

Good question. I don't know and I'm not able to see how signing a guy who probably isn't going to make the PGA tour anytime soon can impact sales. I don't want to see any company not do good and i have a friend who works for Cleveland/Srixon as a sales rep here in DMV. They would prefer to pay to have their best player play their golf ball over driver/woods so paying an insignificant tour presence to play their clubs is puzzling.

Anna Rawson and Paige both are there for their social media and appeal. PXG isn't IMO using signings to draw the avg golfer or even forum embers to their brand. They are marketing to the crowd that wants exclusivity and aren't concerned with price. Their your signings while not all that significant at least have some value added with tour presence on both the mens and women's side. Sadlowski doesn't provide that. I've been supportive of the lydia ko signing just as many here were supportive of it when callaway signed her and for whatever reason didn't feel,the same after the switch.

Anytime you see a rising star appear to chase money it gets criticized. You saw it with Rory going to Nike and any number of players jumping to TaylorMade during their peak. If gets amplified with PXG because they have a perception of being overhyped and overpriced, regardless of facts.

He should have a lot of wedges in right? So if he improves with that portion of his game, it would be a big deal right? If not, well no harm no foul is my guess. Doubt it is a huge dollar amount and could have big upside if he ends up making a tour.

I hear what you are saying. IF he makes a tour and plays well, he will have a few wedges in his hands. But that’s a big if for a long drive guy to garner the talent to compete against the best or even the wanna be Best from lower tours.

Sure, wasted money and another ding in their reputation as a company that should have stayed in their lane. Right?

Sure there is. Spending money and getting zero ROI on it would be a downside. So it's a risk no matter what anyone says, how big is the debatable part.

Interesting signing for Cleveland, but I certainly don't see it as a bad thing. Pretty low risk IMO. And DG X700s? Good lawd :bulgy-eyes:

He's gotta start making cuts first. Gotta be hard going from playing a longer driver and smashing it 400+ to playing a standard driver and dialing it down to hit 325+. Has to be an adjustment. Will be curious to see what work he does this fall/winter to get his game PGA ready. Wonder if he's thought about going overseas to Japan or Europe to start things there. Interesting too how all in Callaway seemed on him during his long drive stints but guess things cooled once he left that scene.

I give him props for chasing his dream but the guy was making a good living as a long drive guy. It’s like Maurice Allen looking for sponsors so he play on tour. These guy hit far on a baked out landing pad two out 10 times. On tour you have others aspects of your game that must be way better than 20%.

Great discussion.

In my humble opinion, signing JS is a good move for Cleveland Golf. I've watched a few of his interviews on the Golf Channel and he's a well-spoke gentleman. That's a good start point since Cleveland signed him to be a defacto spokesperson for their products. We don't know the financial details. For the sake of expiation; the signing is a good deal if the payment is $10K per year and bad deal if the payment is $10M per year. Obviously, both parties found a number that works for them. The longevity of the relationship will tell us if the agreement is mutually beneficial.

If Jamie becomes a regular on the Tour, then this signing should be a home run because he'll be mentioned with Rory, Dustin and Bubba when announcers talk about driving distances. Is he the next bomb (Launcher) and gouge (RTX 3) player? This style works for DJ.

Sure, wasted money and another ding in their reputation as a company that should have stayed in their lane. Right?
I guess I figured that, since they haven't released a line of woods for several years, signing a guy like Jamie is for the expressed purpose of saying that their lane is no longer just wedges.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I give him props for chasing his dream but the guy was making a good living as a long drive guy. It’s like Maurice Allen looking for sponsors so he play on tour. These guy hit far on a baked out landing pad two out 10 times. On tour you have others aspects of your game that must be way better than 20%.

I think his living was based on corporate events since he wasn't winning many driving events. But that seems to be where the $$$ making opportunities existed for the big long drive names. I imagine Jamie got to know a lot of corporate big guys that are helping him fund this adventure. It would be great for golf if he made it and was competitive on Sat/Sun. I just have my doubts.

Im working on a home page article right now on this one, but I would say if Cleveland has always been working class brand, this fits them pretty well from a perception stand point.
But I ask, outside of 10 players (arguable), who is going to make people stop and take notice on the tee box more than this guy...Even in commercials. For all of the "Hey look at DJ murdering the ball", this guy could have walmarts built between his and DJ's ball.

So let me ask you this? Is signing David Feherty, Jim Nantz or anybody else like that wasted money?
How about signing Tiger Woods the last two years? How about Justin Timberlake a few years ago by Callaway?

Seen by nobody ever playing, but has a voice?

Product Placement is not always about Sundays...Kind of like Beats paying Cam Newton...He cant wear them on the field, but he sure gets noticed with them.

Jamie Sadlowski Signs with Cleveland Golf

Im working on a home page article right now on this one, but I would say if Cleveland has always been working class brand, this fits them pretty well from a perception stand point.
But I ask, outside of 10 players (arguable), who is going to make people stop and take notice on the tee box more than this guy...Even in commercials. For all of the "Hey look at DJ murdering the ball", this guy could have walmarts built between his and DJ's ball.

That is a great unit of measurement. I can hear the announcers now:

Nantz: “David, how far apart are their drives?”

Feherty: “Jim, it’s a pretty good Drive from Sadlowski there, he’s about a Walmart farther than DJ”

So let me ask you this? Is signing David Feherty, Jim Nantz or anybody else like that wasted money?
How about signing Tiger Woods the last two years? How about Justin Timberlake a few years ago by Callaway?

Seen by nobody ever playing, but has a voice?

Product Placement is not always about Sundays...Kind of like Beats paying Cam Newton...He cant wear them on the field, but he sure gets noticed with them.

With that in mind, I actually think the guy we were told they were going after back in August, would have been a good get for them. Constant eyeballs and product placement. That being said I don't think he would have helped them immensely when it comes to club sales, but I'm not sure Sadlowski does that either. But I still like the signing for them.

With that in mind, I actually think the guy we were told they were going after back in August, would have been a good get for them. Constant eyeballs and product placement. That being said I don't think he would have helped them immensely when it comes to club sales, but I'm not sure Sadlowski does that either. But I still like the signing for them.

Ohhhh cryptic talk. lol

Like I said earlier, I'm curious to see if he gets any sponsor exemptions in to some tour events this year from it. IIRC, he had one or two last year.

Back