Jamie Sadlowski Signs with Cleveland Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New signing from Cleveland will be officially announced today. Sadlowski is an intriguing athlete because there are not a ton of guys that no matter where they are, when they hit the ball, everybody wants to watch and see. Interesting move and one that makes a lot of sense to me with the rebirth of the brand last year.

His WITB can be found here on the Cleveland site.

https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/Jamie_Sadlowski.html

Interesting signing, but for being for Cleveland it makes sense. BTW that ball speed is ridiculous that they have posted on the site with the Launcher HB.

Interesting signing. Wonder if this is the first step to trying to get his card full time. I know he tried to play some events last year on the web.com but don’t remember any success

This is definitely an interesting signing. On the good side, even people who are barely casual golfers probably know his name from long drive and all the YouTube videos. Smart pickup by Cleveland.

That's a great move by Cleveland...they need hype like this.

Nice move by Cleveland

Good move by Cleveland, he’s pretty well known and he could be a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

Well it was him....interestong

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

that's a lot of hotmelt to get the spin down with the Launcher HB...

also wonder if he will actually game the srixon x65 or subtly use the x45

His WITB is really interesting to me. Cleveland driver and wedges, Srixon 965 irons, and two UTs. No fairways listed, I wonder how that works out for him.

This is going to be fun. He pairs very well to the name Launcher.

Wait X700 shafts. Umm. I didn’t know they made those.

One of the longest to ever play the game signs with a company that is known for its wedges, doesn’t make sense to me. He is fun to watch, in long drive comps but that where is stops for me

Saw their teaser post on Instagram the other day. Really cool signing for Cleveland. I hope this continues to draw more attention to their brand.

Anything that gets Cleveland's name out there other than for wedges is a good move in my opinion!!

I hope it works out for them but it doesn't do much for me. Up to this point I only see him as a long driver, hopefully he can round out his game and get on the tour.

One of the longest to ever play the game signs with a company that is known for its wedges, doesn’t make sense to me. He is fun to watch, in long drive comps but that where is stops for me

and someone who apparently sucks with wedges, too.

i guess it's a shift in message, that cleveland is going to gear itself toward the golfer craving more distance above all else. i hope it works for them, but it's not a signing that gets me any more or less excited about their gear.

there are times when a pro makes a switch and the message is, "this guy could play anything, and he chose x brand so the gear must be the best!" but sadlowski is someone who has no status on tour and seems to need every dime he can get. so to me this feels more like a money grab for him. nothing wrong with that, just doesn't make me feel any differently about cleveland.

Imo, it's a good sign. No risk, all fun.

For a brand that hasn't been known for distance in the past, this is a move toward a different mindset and focus for Cleveland. Kind of risky in my mind.

Great decision for Cleveland, a company trying to draw attention to it's line beyond it's wedges. I'm hoping Jamie can play well in some events this year.

For a brand that hasn't been known for distance in the past, this is a move toward a different mindset and focus for Cleveland. Kind of risky in my mind.
How so? There's no pressure here that he's got to go light it up or anything, simply appearing is a win because he's going to be seen as a bomber no matter what he hits. When you hit putter 300 yards, then it doesn't matter what clubs you're playing. Plus, he's not expected to be a precision player with his irons or wedges, just a bomber, anything more than that is a win, and anything less isnt a surprise.

I won’t say it’s a good or bad signing today because well.. who really knows. If it brings some attention to their new drivers then it’s a win for them, personally it does nothing for me

How so? There's no pressure here that he's got to go light it up or anything, simply appearing is a win because he's going to be seen as a bomber no matter what he hits. When you hit putter 300 yards, then it doesn't matter what clubs you're playing. Plus, he's not expected to be a precision player with his irons or wedges, just a bomber, anything more than that is a win, and anything less isnt a surprise.

That's exactly it: he's going to pound the ball no matter what brand he plays. People know that. As you say, it doesn't matter what clubs he plays. He's a sideshow.

I'm a huge fan of Cleveland/Srixon. Great people, great products. This signing is not without its risks, especially when you're known for short game excellence. But, as they say, sometimes you have to take risks.

Love it! Especially with him playing the Launcher HB. My guess is that Cleveland Golf will get a lot of mileage out of this move.

To me it's not a big deal. IMO even less than some of the PXG signings. He isn't competing long drive and to my knowledge doesn't have any status on the web.com tour. I'm guessing the avg golfer has no idea who he is

I heard he hits the ball really far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back