January Fitness Challenge

Looks like everyone is still getting after it! Glad to see it!

Missed my pushups yesterday so doing 200+ today 100 in the am 100 in the pm. Also hit the elliptical for 20mins today.

Hey fellas, what are the numbers that you post? I am guessing it is Apple watch tracking info just don’t know what they are.

But after being fed up with the most I have ever weighed, I have dedicated myself to being active and not just sitting around. So far so good. I am down 4% in a little over 3 weeks.View attachment 8922922
Yeah, just putting up our apple watch numbers. active - exercise - standing hours is how it breaks down, basically.

Grats on the 4% man, that's awesome!

Yeah, just putting up our apple watch numbers. active - exercise - standing hours is how it breaks down, basically.

Grats on the 4% man, that's awesome!
Dang those are some impressive numbers! I'm not able to wear mine during the EMT class im taking, but even if I could, I still would be far behind those numbers. I did do a beachbody workout with my wife tonight. Only 30 minutes but my legs are freaking dead

Hey fellas, what are the numbers that you post? I am guessing it is Apple watch tracking info just don’t know what they are.

But after being fed up with the most I have ever weighed, I have dedicated myself to being active and not just sitting around. So far so good. I am down 4% in a little over 3 weeks.View attachment 8922922

Dan explained it already, so I’ll just say: Great job!! Keep up the good work dude!

Dang those are some impressive numbers! I'm not able to wear mine during the EMT class im taking, but even if I could, I still would be far behind those numbers. I did do a beachbody workout with my wife tonight. Only 30 minutes but my legs are freaking dead
Abs tonight for me. I’m a moron. After a very....intense...stretching session I can actually sit up from laying on my back without having to roll over. I’m not looking forward to tomorrow AM. ?:cry:

@MattyDMPLS here is what my Garmin looks like. Definitely a different reading than apple bit I think you are using Garmin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200115-213146_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20200115-213146_Connect.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5
Just here to vent because it was one of those days that I was really discouraged and it was needless. I have a goal to lose 2 pounds a week. I set that goal because the number that I really need to hit seems like an insurmountable pipe dream at this point (60+ pounds). I weigh-in on Thursday's and started 1/2/20 at 262.3. and was down 5.1 pounds on 1/9/20. Encouraged, I worked really hard last week (for me) and weighed in today and thought that I was up .2 pounds. So I am upset and get to work an hour later and logon to my tracking app and realize that I was remembering last week's weight wrong. So today I am 256.4. So while I didn't lose 2 lbs like i wanted, I didn't gain anything. Good luck to everyone for the rest of the month! I will keep plugging along and hope it adds up to something significant in a few months.

Just here to vent because it was one of those days that I was really discouraged and it was needless. I have a goal to lose 2 pounds a week. I set that goal because the number that I really need to hit seems like an insurmountable pipe dream at this point (60+ pounds). I weigh-in on Thursday's and started 1/2/20 at 262.3. and was down 5.1 pounds on 1/9/20. Encouraged, I worked really hard last week (for me) and weighed in today and thought that I was up .2 pounds. So I am upset and get to work an hour later and logon to my tracking app and realize that I was remembering last week's weight wrong. So today I am 256.4. So while I didn't lose 2 lbs like i wanted, I didn't gain anything. Good luck to everyone for the rest of the month! I will keep plugging along and hope it adds up to something significant in a few months.

Success is not a straight line from point A to point B, my advice is take the positive out of it, you are down just short of 6lbs through 2 weeks in the year, which by my math gets you over 2lbs a week.... That is also 10% of what you stated as a target goal, this early in the year that is damn good man!

There will be weeks where you crush it (first week) and there will be weeks where you are fighting not to lose ground (this past week) but it sounds like if you keep doing what you are doing, or maybe slowly ratchet it up, you will keep progressing.

You got this! Don't get down on yourself, I just brought a rower last week and was going to hit it hard then pulled a back muscle at work and got depressed about that. Realized the second day that I was eating my disappoint. Have to remember that it's a long journey.

I forget my watch a lot on weekends, well because i don't wear it when i play golf. But numbers are decent for weekdays and i am down 5.8 lbs for January. I have been inserting liquid only days here and there. Doing the elliptical stairs at home. I am happy so far with the beginning of my year

Despite being out of the office most of today, I have still managed to get my push-ups and squats in, and I am heading for the pool this evening after I finish work for a swim
Hoping to make it to the pool at least a couple times a week, or maybe see about joining a gym

We fly out 12 weeks on Sunday so I need to kick myself into gear

I had forgotten how strenuous swimming can be despite being non-impact.....

I ache.....:beat-up:

A great day considering it started out with almost missing our flight with the most crowded I’ve ever seen the Minneapolis airport. They closed the door 3 minutes after we boarded. Went on a 4 mile paddle with my son on the Gulf after we arrived and am pleased to be a little sunburned after waking up to -10 degrees yesterday.

2B1C59CF-4376-4B5D-9CCF-4E185D3D524C.jpeg74F6AC0A-FFBF-4B8C-9DA0-F73256F7871E.jpeg

Haven’t posted but still going strong with rides every day! Will miss a few days next weekend as we have a snowboarding trip, but so far so good for 2020

Never. Miss. A. Monday!

How did everyone’s weekend go? I splurge a little bit on breakfast this morning, I had some biscuits and gravy. My first departure from my diet since I started 3 weeks ago. It was delicious. Got in a couple good workouts in too. 18 straight days of hitting my goal.

Not a good weekend for me but hitting the reset tomorrow morning

Drinking whiskey and eating nachos while watching football didn't help me today.:(

Completed my work out tonite. Also did a speed training session this morning. It’s been a solid month so far.

I drank a lot of beer yesterday. I am afraid the 20 mins on the elliptical followed by the crunches I did today were not quite enough to off set the damage done yesterday.

One day at a time. Obviously a bad day for me "diet" wise but back after it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not a good weekend for me but hitting the reset tomorrow morning
You got this. I did mine during half time and part of the 3rd quarter.

I drank a lot of beer yesterday. I am afraid the 20 mins on the elliptical followed by the crunches I did today were not quite enough to off set the damage done yesterday.
Consistently doing your workouts offsets a lot. Keep at it.

Back