January Fitness Challenge

Hey Roger, I have heard nothing but good things about the Super Speed, are you seeing a increased Club Head speed?

If you are confident in your mechanics and your body is prepared for the added stress of swinging really fast I can't recommend it higher. I did it last year for about 12-14 weeks and was hitting the ball much farther. A couple minor injuries (don't believe related to the training) and laziness and lapses in technique and I am back about where I started.

Well it’s bound to happen from time to time when being an adult. I missed two workouts last week. One due to unforeseen obligations. The other because I felt more like drinking whiskey then working out. Gotta get back on it this week.

Snowboarding was my fitness this past weekend. Travel day and used yesterday to rest my knee, but planning to end the month strong today and tomorrow to get a few last good workouts in.

2 more days to bang out the month. Took Monday off after going out Sunday night, but lift Tuesday, superspeed/cardio yesterday with plans to lift again today and superspeed/cardio again tomorrow.

Then plan to start February off with walking 18 Saturday, walking 18 Sunday with lifting in the afternoon. Lets make 2020 our fitness biatch!

2 more days to bang out the month. Took Monday off after going out Sunday night, but lift Tuesday, superspeed/cardio yesterday with plans to lift again today and superspeed/cardio again tomorrow.

Then plan to start February off with walking 18 Saturday, walking 18 Sunday with lifting in the afternoon. Lets make 2020 our fitness biatch!
Keep it up bud!

How is everyone’s month ending up?

22/30 so far where I hit my goals, going to finish strong.

Keep it up bud!

How is everyone’s month ending up?
I will weigh in tomorrow. But I have been walking 5 miles everyday and staying below my calorie goal most every day. If I keep up with it, the weight will come off slowly regardless of the weekly weigh-ins.

Played 18 today. Did 30 minutes total row machine and stretching before I left the house.

I will weigh in tomorrow. But I have been walking 5 miles everyday and staying below my calorie goal most every day. If I keep up with it, the weight will come off slowly regardless of the weekly weigh-ins.
Great routine. I have been on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes a day and throwing some lifting when I can. Can’t wait until it is warm enough to go on walks with the girls.

Great routine. I have been on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes a day and throwing some lifting when I can. Can’t wait until it is warm enough to go on walks with the girls.
I am just counting steps. Half of my steps are going to chip and putt at lunch. They add up and I don’t notice. Then I go for 30 minutes after dinner.

my problem in the recent past has been going too hard at the beginning and then getting sore or injured and it causes me problems. My doc said to just try this time to make small diet changes and slow and steady progress on activity.

Last edited:
I am just counting steps. Half of my steps are going to chip and putt at lunch. They add up and I don’t notice. Then I go for 30 minutes after dinner.

my problem in the recent past has been going too hard at the beginning and then getting sore or injured and it causes me problems. My doc said to just try this time to make small and slow and steady progress
Burn out is real! I tried to reduce my carb intake and that lead to me being very tired for about a week. Since then, I have been feeling great.

You aren't lying... Ready for any sign of spring!

January is going really good. My goal for the summer was to do a triathlon but I found a short indoor Tri close to my house in 3 weeks so might be signing up for that and meeting my goal earlier then expected.

Last day of the month. Finish strong. Do something today! Snapchat-350547318.jpg

January is in the books! Start weight was 262.3 and end was 251.8. I expect February to be better fitness-wise and my goal is to avg 2 lbs/week and 5 miles per day.

33384C46-81F9-44ED-A256-7F21018AAB17.png

January is in the books! Start weight was 262.3 and end was 251.8. I expect February to be better fitness-wise and my goal is to avg 2 lbs/week and 5 miles per day.

View attachment 8925885
Nice work! That's a great month of progress!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Only thing I've done so far, is play more golf ? and get the holiday period drinking back under control. Pretty good steps.

By the end of today I will have done 660 push-ups and squats throughout the month
Walked 18 a couple of times and a swim

Weight has not dropped as we haven't eaten all that well this month for a couple reasons, but the fact it has remained fairly constant isn't a bad thing - just not what I really want at the moment, so going to try and increase my other activity to see if I can encourage the weight to drop off a bit
On a positive note, my chest, shoulders and arms are showing a bit more definition and I am not entirely sure, but I think I may have gained a bit of club head speed as well based on what I have seen on the course the few times I have been out

Knee is bothering me too much right now and don't want to push it. Had a great middle/most of January but will be dwindling down the last few days. Hoping to get the challenge for getting a ride in every day in February on the Peloton though, so February should be solid.

Got my last lift in for the month, ate a sensible dinner and got a decent nights sleep. Woke up this morning and hopped on the scale, down 8.8 lbs. My goal for the month was 8, so pretty pleased with that, and I still got another workout today.

I am pumped for February!!!

Back