January Fitness Challenge

Just got done at the gym for lunch. Did some deadlifts, squat thrusts, lat pulls, and some hanging leg raises. Only had 40 min so I could not do a lot.

I need to get my diet back under control. I cheated too much towards the end of the year and it definitely shows. Also I was kinda lazy with exercising the last two weeks and need to get back in the groove now that the holidays are over.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

December with work trips and Christmas parties was a bad month for running. Hoping to get back to 3-4 times per week. Plus I've picked up yoga recently. Surprisingly good.

I'm definitely intrigued with incorporating more Yoga into my fitness routine.

I'm definitely intrigued with incorporating more Yoga into my fitness routine.
Thumbs up to that. If you're looking for a good at home app, Down Dog is pretty cheap for the year and has so many options and features incorporated.

Think it was $32 for the full year.

Currently using my standing desk at work.......great start to my January goals. :p

Thumbs up to that. If you're looking for a good at home app, Down Dog is pretty cheap for the year and has so many options and features incorporated.

Think it was $32 for the full year.

I have a book "Yoga for Golfers" by Katherine Roberts. I just need to take the time and commit to adding it to my fitness routine.

Goal is to workout and eat better... always easier said than done

Diet will definitely be a big part of it. Gotta get out of holiday eating mode. The working out schedule will get better now that I have indoor soccer two nights a week and have less opportunity to say "maybe tomorrow" lol

I am in for sure. I feel the worst I have in a long time.
Diet, exercise and some practice time are needed.
Lifting 3-4 times a week. Just ordered a stationary bike for my wife and she cleared me to get a rowing machine. My goal? Best shape of my life in my 50’s. Lofty goals since I’ve always been decently fit. However I set this goal and reached it in my 40’s so I believe it’s possible.

Back to the gym and sad salads for lunch at work.

I'm starting back on a keto diet this weekend and working out 3 times a week. No gym, mostly bodyweight exercises at home, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. I lost 30 pounds this past spring doing this very thing, got lazy over the summer and put almost 20 back on, cheeseburgers and beer are my down fall.

With the Grandaddy and my son deciding he didn’t want to sleep at night, my December exercise was non existent.

shooting for 20 days on the peloton this month.

Alright, December was a rough one for me. Lots of snacking, lots of lazy. With the schedule I've got growing in front of me for this year, I think it's time to get back on the wagon.

Who's with me? What are you doing to make a difference for yourself in January? Diet? Exercise? Anything at all?

33 Straight days of fitness for me, I have a May Goal in mind.

Diet is the biggest thing correlates to fat loss/gain for me -
Starting monday - Peloton for dayyyyysssss

Also going to start to try to drastically increase my water intake.

After a few weeks on the new bike I'll probably start to eat way better as well. Don't want working out to be ruined by too much junk

How many of you guys eat trash at night just to eat trash. I was in my pantry like 10 times last night looking for nothing, ended up eating nothing, and am so glad about it this morning.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't go out seeking trash, but if I see it and I want it I just go after it recklessly. Ugh, it's awful.

by trash do you mean brownies? I like brownies

I'm down for more sleep this month!

I got the whoop for christmas it's doing wonders so far. Really helps manage sleep/recovery/strain (workouts)

December with work trips and Christmas parties was a bad month for running. Hoping to get back to 3-4 times per week. Plus I've picked up yoga recently. Surprisingly good.

Yoga is amazeballs.

September-December were rough for me. Need to get back on the wagon and start the year off right in January.

Getting my diet is always the difference maker for me, and if I couple that with any type of physical activity the pounds usually shed off.

?

I found myself doing this on a nightly basis, looking, looking, looking, and eventually just eating something to eat something. Now I don't go to the pantry and my snacking has been reduced.

BTW, @Canadan I did start a 2020 fitness thread, so you can feel free to jump over once January is over! You may want to check it out, @OITW will have pictures of his 1/2 marathon later this year!

What did I get myself into. :oops::oops::oops:

I said to the wife she could buy whatever she wanted, but we needed to start considering having an alternate pantry I don't know about haha
20200102_171329.jpg
Wife stopped for groceries on the way home, didn't realize for once she would listen to me! I'm scared! ?

With moving into my new place, I’m 5 blocks from a swimming pool/gym and ice rink. Time to put more hours in the gym this months. Along with all the others “new me,new year “ but I intend on keeping it up

Going to improve the diet after all the holiday foods, also doing no booze for the month, and get to the gym at minimum of 3 days a week

December was, frankly, a disaster for me. I was sick for a good part of the month, didn't eat well, and drank way too much. Turning over a new leaf and I'm all in on this.

45 minutes of yoga today, and I'm running tomorrow. Back on the horse.

Back