January Fitness Challenge

I can't tell you how funny it is to see this whole conversation on TV size in the fitness thread.. Lol. And our TV is a 50" but we don't watch a ton either.

I can't tell you how funny it is to see this whole conversation on TV size in the fitness thread.. Lol. And our TV is a 50" but we don't watch a ton either.
Hey man, the bigger the tv, the less you realize you’re annoyingly still exercising instead of lounging.

Hey man, the bigger the tv, the less you realize you’re annoyingly still exercising instead of lounging.
Truth. My phone isn’t big enough to block the little time marker graphic on the elliptical at the gym. It’s very frustrating to see how much I still have left.

Screenshot_20200110-064939_Connect.jpg

LET'S GO! Find a way to make it happen!

I gained about 5 pounds in Florida over Christmas break and am ready to get back to the Peloton and eating healthy. My weight is at 188 and my goal is to be at 178 by spring break which is March 15th. My wife has been motivating as she’s been up at 5:15 every morning the last week riding the Peloton and doing Yoga & strength training. If she can get daily exercise in before going to work at 7:15 am, it should be easy for me. I’ve been hitting the weights and today I’m committing to riding the Peloton at least 6 days a week like I did back in November.

I wish I had more time to devote to exercise. I am not a little man by any means but am down about 30lbs in the last year. With work, 2 kids, and the wife, I rarely have the time or energy for anything exercise related. I would like to find an exercise bike but have to get a place to put it situated at the house.

I was actually thinking about that this morning. I would be inclined to force myself in to more exercise if selected to a THP event. I mean the preparation part is a lot of the fun and would help encourage me. It would probably still be sporadic though and I fear would not carry through post event.

Truth. My phone isn’t big enough to block the little time marker graphic on the elliptical at the gym. It’s very frustrating to see how much I still have left.
Always grab a towel. Total pro move.

I gained about 5 pounds in Florida over Christmas break and am ready to get back to the Peloton and eating healthy. My weight is at 188 and my goal is to be at 178 by spring break which is March 15th. My wife has been motivating as she’s been up at 5:15 every morning the last week riding the Peloton and doing Yoga & strength training. If she can get daily exercise in before going to work at 7:15 am, it should be easy for me. I’ve been hitting the weights and today I’m committing to riding the Peloton at least 6 days a week like I did back in November.
Get after it my guy!! No slacking.

I actually like this week. Holiday food and drink athon is over. I got right back into my routine. Up at 4:30am at the Y AT 5:00. Lift for 45 minutes, spin class for 55 minutes. I love to work out and the folks who are crazy enough to get up that early.
The hard part is to remember to stay away from the sugar and fast food. I dont drink alcohol until Friday night and stop after Saturday normally. It's the food that I need to stay on top of. And plenty of water.

Dropped 30 lbs the past year. 4x a week in the gym for 1 hr ea time. Diet is 80% of the deal.

through 9 days, I have done pretty well

1/4/5th - walked 18 each day
2nd/7th/9th - lifted
3rd/8th - 30 minutes of cardio

Plan to do cardio tonight, lift tomorrow and walk 18 sunday. Diet has been much better just need to keep it up on both sides.

through 9 days, I have done pretty well

1/4/5th - walked 18 each day
2nd/7th/9th - lifted
3rd/8th - 30 minutes of cardio

Plan to do cardio tonight, lift tomorrow and walk 18 sunday. Diet has been much better just need to keep it up on both sides.
Nice work Roger. You going to a gym or home workouts?

Nice work Roger. You going to a gym or home workouts?

gym, maybe 6 blocks away and a pretty good set up. I need to start using the pool although I am hesitant to hop into a public hot tub.

I've lost about 25 pounds in the last year. Mostly just by not eating so much junk and exercising on our elliptical. I started doing pushups and crunches every morning and evening as well to gain some strength. I went from barely able to get 30 pushups to 50-60 per set.

I soooo agree on the diet part. Diet meaning not eating but eating stuff thats good for me.

Taking my first day off this month today.. maybe. I might do something on the bike, but I think 9 days in a row has me needing a bit of a rest, at least from anything more than walking and getting my steps in.

So KC Chiefs Red Friday office luncheon....meatball sliders on Kings Hawaiian rolls.....how many calories in 8 of these?

So KC Chiefs Red Friday office luncheon....meatball sliders on Kings Hawaiian rolls.....how many calories in 8 of these?
just to be safe I'd eat two more. Don't want to starve yourself.

I just finished my first year of crossfit. Love it. I feel better, lost some weight and a lot stronger. I has definitely helped my golf game. You can also meet some great people. (J_sizzle9 ), :D

While I've fallen off the daily fitness challenge, a friend "talked" me into signing up for Pat's Run. https://pattillmanfoundation.org/pats-run/

So it looks like I'll try to start running. I've gotten until April 16th to get ready. Proper shoes on the way, and beginner's running schedule loaded into my calendar......

Staying active so far. Only one day where I didn’t close the activity ring (800 cal). Picking up a new indoor bike trainer tomorrow, and that will add the aerobic activity I want. Eating is finally starting to improve. I’m cutting back on carbs and sugar. That was a hard change after Nov-Dec eating insanity. Ready to keep this going.

8FA7AC27-577A-49A4-9903-742C39BBE046.jpeg

16.75 miles in exercise this week walking/jogging the dog. So much more exciting than doing it on the treadmill.

First day back in the gym hitting weights since Sunday.

Felt great, but a little tough

Another day, another peloton ride today. Just went super hard for a little over 20, and now it’s on to a little free weights. Also have been really increasing my water intake

Back